Saturday 10 September 2016

Happy Birthday to my Dad

Today is my Dad's birthday.  I made him a card using some of the Lovely Notes Collection from StampNation.  As he lives in Australia I made this a while ago to send over to him. 


My background is clear embossed on Grey card using the Lovely Lattice.  The bottom half of the grey was stamped with the polka dots stamp.  I used a Chalkboard technique to make the tag - stamped with the Fill in the blanks birthday stamps.  I used a white Prisma pencil to doodle around the edge.   Entering this into the challenge at Seize The Birthday.

I spoke with my Dad today.  I miss not being able to see him as often as I would like.

And my little man has headed off with his parents to LA for the rest of their holiday.  Weather much warmer for them as Thursday was the coldest day we've had all year.  It was only 6degrees C at midday!   I'll leave you with a photo of my two children with baby Archer and my son's dog Butch.


Have a blessed weekend

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn that is a wonderful card for your father. That temperature really was rather cool - it's more like us that you!!
You must miss Archer now he, and his parents, have gone.
Blessings
Maxine

Vicki Dutcher said...

I do love the use of the "chalkboard" -- perfect for the males in your life - bet your dad loves it! Thanks for joining in at STB

Barb Ghig said...

I love the chalkboard technique for a masculine card, and your background is perfect, Dawn! I'll bet your dad loves this card!
Great photo of your kids and your 'Little Man'...he is too cute! Your son's dog looks exactly like mine...he's a Pit, right? They really are amazing animals :)

Greta said...

What a sweet photo! Bet your dad loved his beautiful card--great design, Dawn!

Monika Reeck said...

Your father will love this as I do too
great chalk and big sentiment
masculine card Dawn
hreat foto of your little man so cuuutee hehe kiss for him Dawn