Sunday 19 April 2009

Cuttlebug class cards

These are the three card I made at the class I took. We had a fund couple of hours with Sarah. As I still haven't got my CB back from the repair shop.... I shared with the others. We used alcohol inks to paint the embossed acetate. A first for me as I have never used these before. I like them but at $12.90 a colour and $26 for the mixing solution.... well I think I'll be looking from afar for a while. I will think about what colours I might use and then slowly collect them over a few months or so. Not so hard on the budget that way. I've been thinking that I could adapt the technique by using vellum and colouring that .... plus I don't have two of the dies we used - namely the butterfly and the heart. I kept the butterfly cutout to use as a template or could use my HA stamp the cut it out.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

I took an alcohol inks class over a year ago and so glad I did, but they didn't show how to paint with the inks.

Did you drop some ink onto a palette and then take a brush to brush on the ink?

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! It looks like you had a lot of fun in class! Beautiful results, too! :-)