Wednesday 1 April 2009

New stamps

It was a great day today. First off I got some new stamps I put in an order with Hastings Rubber stamps yesterday and when I went to go to work this morning at 7.30am, there they were on my doorstep. Such amazing service. They overnight couriered them to me. I can't wait to play with them. Then this evening the gym I go to, started a walking group. 4 of us meet at 5.30pm and went for a 45 min walk. The gym is in Milford, on my way home, so we walked down to the beach and walked along the beach towards Takapuna and back again. The weather had cleared and it was beautiful. Tide was out so made it nice to walk along the sand for a bit. I had done a 20 min bike ride at the gym first so really felt like I'd done my share of exercise today, which was good as there had been a big morning tea shout at work. Robyn was 60 today so three teams of us(around 25), had a lovely shared morning tea. Of course, I took cut up watermelon, but the willpower wasn't so great when I saw all the lovely goodies, and I had more than I should have. Stuck to the savory stuff - but still. Didn't eat anything for lunch as I was too full.

Am just waiting for the batteries for the camera to charge so I can photo the quick card I just did for a friend's granddaughter. Kathy saw a lovely photo that was on an email we were both sent, so I lifted it, and printed it on photo paper, mounted it onto white card and stamped the sentiment in Versafine black which I then heat set. Quite pleased with it. The photo doesn't do it justice. My camera doesn't like the reflected light from the card.

Last night while blog hopping I came across a neat video from Gigi001 (aka Deborah Nolan) showing how to make a spining disk card. Here is the link to her blog page and the video.
It really is a neat card and I have to say I really enjoy Deborah's blog. She is a very insightfull lady.

Well its time to go make a cuppa tea and watch Cold case.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Sounds like you have had a great day Dawn. The walk sounds like it was lovely & relaxing. Can't wait to see what you do with your new stamps.