Sunday 19 April 2009

Saturday Girls Day

Back again. I was trying some stuff out earlier on Flickr - using the mosaic feature to put all the cards from class together. Seemed to work ok.
Had a really good day yesterday. After class came home and made some bread pies with minced meat left over from the other night. I had set the auto on the bread maker (funny how you have spells of using equipment then nothing for a while) and the dough was nearly ready when I got it. Got them made and left them to cool on the bench covered with a tea towel while Emma and I had a girly outing to the local Mall. We wandered round looking at jewellery and cookware, stopped and had a coffee and muffin and had a great old time. Emma was looking at rings ( just to get an idea of what might suit her) and she wanted a particular necklace. The first one she saw was nearly $300 - but we popped into another jewellery shop and she saw exactly what she wanted for under $50 on sale, albeit that it was only 9 carat not 18 and on a cheaper chain.... so I bought it for her. Her birthday is in 2 1/2 weeks so have kept it here and will give it to her on the day.
Anyway several hours later got home to find..... the tea towel had been dragged off the pies and one had been dragged to the ground and all the filling eaten out..... yes that DARN CAT again. He got a right telling off I can tell you. Luckily it was only the one pie... and the rest were ok. Hubby and boyfriend arrived home from the car racing and eat the rest.
Emma has decided that she needs to think about costs so has started to learn about cake decorating and flower arranging. She looked at some videos about bouquet making and came over with a lovely bouquet of orange and yellow gerberas for me. I took some photos for her. I love taking macro photos of flowers.










Managed to get a card made after tea. It's for the HA challenge this week- using messages. I was inspired by Kristina Werner's design for 2peasinabucket - A year in cards April sketch. I also used some of the Papertrey ink paper that I download yesterday. I layered it onto a dark chocolate paint chip and then pop dotted it. The sentiment was made up of two different ones from HA CL181 and the exclamation mark was the "i" from CL183 stamped upside down. I did some faux stitching in gold gel pen to finish this off. I really like the monochromatic look
Well thanks for visiting. Time to do some more cards

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card - you can use this for any occasion. Love the dark chocolate color behind the squares. Sounds like you had a great day and love the bright flowers.

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Baaaaadddddddddddd kitty! Glad that there was still some pie left for the humans! :-)