Thursday 4 June 2009

White Balance - Lisa's tutorial


I thought I'd see what I could do with my camera taking photos of the card I did tonight. It was cream and white colours - a total lift from a card I saw on Flickr done by rosigirl123 -see here
I had been reading Lisa Spangler's tutorial on white balance adjustments. My camera is Fujifilm Finepix E500 and I couldn't follow her instructions so got out my owners manual and had a read - not that that made much sense to me either. But decided to have a bit of a play.

First off I took a photo with my camera fully on Auto - just point and shoot mode. As I was using a window at night it didn't turn out too good.


Next I went into the manual controls and found WB - I used the auto choice which gave me a better photo -









Once I upload to Flickr I edited the photo with Picnik which made the photo sharper and clearer. I still don't really understand quite what I am doing here - so it will be going back to Lisa's tutorial and re- reading to see if I can follow it a bit better. Still I feel that using the manual adjustments to the WB (even though I used the auto ) did make a difference.

Now if I could only get the photos to sit where I want them in this blog......
Anyway thanks for looking - any hints you can give me would be appreciated....

7 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Look what an AMAZING difference you got in your picture of your card at night! Wow! I think you've learned a lot! :-)

Monika Reeck said...

Dawn this card is very Elegant...different than your style but very FANTASTIC...love the design too...hugs

Lysa said...

Hi Dawn! Love the silver embossed butterfly! It is definitely one of my favorite stamps!

Kelly Booth said...

You did Wonderful...I'm still trying but doubt i have enough time before Monday!
Love your card Dawn and thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog!

Lucy Abrams said...

Looks like you nailed it. wow - what a difference. Super card too by the way - love that white on white. So pretty.

Winter said...

Cute! I love the butterfly!

Tomo H. said...

Dawn, this is so elegant! Love the card!
TFS the great pics for us. ;)