Sunday 23 August 2009

Another butterfly card....

I just couldn't resist .... another one for Caardvarks colour challenge. Just love pink with black and white. This started as the beginnings of my earlier card but decided on pink on white. So last night took this one and played around. Originally I wasn't that happy with the pink on the black... still feel I could have inked up the stamp a bit more, but I'm happy with the result. I using one of the techniques I learn from Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking classes... used a drop of liquid pearls and water to paint over the butterfly to give it a lovely shimmer.
I have also entered this for the Hero Arts Mail it challenge. I am going to sent this to my Mum who lives in Australia. I haven't seen her for nearly a year and won't see her till Christmas time. We email each other all the time, but I will sent this to her - just to say hello.
Thanks for calling by.

7 comments:

Pajalu said...

Dawn this is stunning. I love the way you have made that butterfly really pop off the card. xoxoxoxoxo

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous! The butterfly really does look like it's resting on your card! Your mum will feel so special when she receives this!

Vanessa said...

Dawn, this is beautiful! I love everything about this card!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the effect of the white on the black and sure to be appreciated by your mum!

Kelly Booth said...

BEEEEEutiful Dawn...your Mum will love this@!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! This is gorgeous! Love the white lacy butterfly on the black background with the hint of pink behind. Fabulous! :-)

Tiffany Ervin said...

That butterfly is really lovely Dawn!! So admiring it right now! Hope you are well!!