Sunday 13 September 2009

Friday night creativity

As I knew we were heading away for the weekend to Hamilton, I managed to get a couple of cards done on Friday night.  This one I started on Thursday night by stamping the background - used Memento Ink ( Bamboo Leaves).  Friday I coloured the background and the main flowers with my watercolour pencils and put the card together.  I was following instructions from the Spotted Canary news letter.  I changed my sentiment to this one from American Crafts.  I found it at The Stationery Warehouse when I went looking for plain white cardstock.... got sidetracked!!...  I am really pleased how it turned out...but it is easy when you have instructions!!!! even when I made a few changes.

This second card I made rather quickly.  I need a card to say farewell to my boss.... he has got another job so this is to say congratulations and farewell.  I used a design I saw a couple of weeks ago on Hero Arts.  I masked the top of the card and then stamped the Scattered Leave Border , used the gel pen to make a line and some faux stitching.  For the bottom half I used some digital paper I found at Digi Free's web site.   Not too bad for a quick card.

4 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Love how you layered the flowers on the first card and the second card is wonderful congrats card.

Pajalu said...

Wow two great cards here Dawn. I am thinking I will have to check out your free digi site now ;D.

Diana said...

I especially love card #1!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! I love the flowers in a vase that you created for your first card! So cheerful! And the striped paper on the second card looks shimmery and metallic! Nice cards! :-)