Wednesday 21 October 2009

I've been naughty.....

well not really.... just days after saying none of my local stamps shops had Copics.... I got a newsletter from Stampzone.... they have 10 colours of Copics just arrived in stock!!!!!  so had to go there and buy them plus the blender pen.....  Now to learn how to use them properly!!! Off to see whats on the internet.
I got a pink ( a bit bright for faces etc) 2 blues, 2 greens, a purple, brown, black, yellow and red.  They said there were another 12 colours coming in soon... so will have to save hard to get them.  I'll mix them up with my Tombow markers and aqua crayons. 

Mean while I have made this card for my son's 21st birthday coming up in 3 weeks.  Kieran is a keen surfer and I'm sure he'll like it.  I still haven't decided if I'll put a sentiment on the bottom or just cut out a 21 in the blue to add to it.    I used a HA Cloud background and then put a piece of torn blue bazzill through the CB to make the waves.  I used the aquacrayons to colour the Surfer Ian image and put some Glossy Accents on the surfboard to give it a bit  of dimension.

Today my hubby went in for some minor surgery.  He had a skin cancer cut out of his shoulder.  It is a non-malignant one, thank goodness.  But he has to keep it still for a few days.... very hard for him as he can't sit still for long... he wants to be out doing things - sweeping the yard, trimming the trees....  He wanted to go back to work tomorrow but the surgeon said to stay off till Tues ( we have a long weekend this weekend).

Well that's all for today.  Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

donna mikasa said...

LOVE your Surfer Ian, Dawn! And yay for getting your hands on Copics! You're gonna love them!

Spoil your hubby over the next few days and hope he heals well. So glad it was benign! Take good care!

Pajalu said...

Yay for you Dawn. You will have to let me know how you go with them :) pretty please. I am so wanting them but can't justify the costs :( & make do with my prisma colour pencils. Your card is just perfect. I bet your son will love it.

Diana said...

DARLING. Great shading. Take care!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh what a fun and cheerful card, love them waves you created! You are definitely enjoying your copics, I can tell! :)

Vanessa said...

Super card! Great colouring on this Surfer boy! Take care!

Hugs,
Vanessa

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Aren't the Copics fun, Dawn? I'm just learning, too. Best wishes for your hubby!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Your Surfer Ian looks great! I love the aqua blue cardstock you dry-embossed for the waves. My Mom had skin cancer removed from her face and was told not to lean her face over for FOUR WEEKS! So tell your hubby to hang in there! It could be worse! ;-)

Suzanne C said...

Adorable! Spend time keeping your hubby at rest. Glad you picked up some copics to play with.