Saturday 12 December 2009

Christmas on my mind....


This week I suddenly realised that although I had my overseas cards done... I still needed to do some more for friends and family living here... so Thursday night I got into "the office" as my craft room is known, and put the head down and the bum up and created.....

I started with some quick and easy cards which mainly used Patterned papers as the focus of the card with just a little stamping and embellishment...


thanks goes  to the lovely Linda who send me the sentiment stamp amongst a whole pile of other things including a fantastic ink pad... one of the famous Garden Green inks she uses in her video's  (Highly recommend you visit her blog and watch her videos) 

Next I did a black and white version of a white and black card I did a few weeks ago.  Really pleased how it turned out... ( Notice that sentiment yet again...)

 
 Finally I did a reasonably quick one - the Joy stamp is by Stamp-it and I embossed with Copper EP onto a very dark brown piece of card, layered it onto a gold patterned paper and then onto the chocolate brown square card.. 

I can tell you by the end of the night, I was pooped!!!!  But felt so much better that I had a few less cards to do now....   and got a few more done today at Stamp Group...  mainly duplicates of ones I had already done - so I knew what was needed.  Did do another digital one  - which is currently waiting for the Kindyglitz to dry so will photograph tomorrow and blog about the day I had...
Take care and thanks for stopping by....

8 comments:

Pajalu said...

Wow Dawn these are just fantastic. If it makes you feel better I'm in the same boat. I've managed to use up my supply of cards on my overseas mail & now am frantically trying to get more made for family & friends. There's nothin' like a last minute rush (Uggghhh) ;P

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! What a lovely batch of cards! I really like the copper embossed one. It looks so rich and delicious! :-)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my goodness, you are way ahead of the game Dawn!! So proud of you! You are faring better than I! I really need to start soon! Even if I can get a few out the door, that is better than none! :)

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Nice cards, Dawn! I'm behind on my cards.

Anita Rex said...

Dawn great job with those cards! So pretty! I like the joy one! And the black and white one works so well! I have tons of cards made but no time to write them! :>

Vanessa said...

Super cards, Dawn!! I am sooo behind wiht all the christmas stuff - everybody tells me that it`s only 2 weeks till christmas - I am panicking already!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Suzanne C said...

Lovely cards! So glad you had time to create some much needed christmas cards and have fun!

Jacqueline said...

Really pretty Christmas cards - I can't imagine Christmas in the summer time!