Sunday 24 January 2010

Hooray! New Stamps

Inked up my new stamps yesterday... in particular used the stripe one to make a pile of plaid/gingham backgrounds. I used slightly lighter weight card stock. This one is Dusty Concord and Faded Jeans distress inks. The little girl is from the HA cling "Happy Girls" -such a cute set.  I coloured her in with Copics but as I don't have enough in the same families, my shading isn't great. - messed up the hair and the face... but oh well...practice makes perfect.... I was pleased though with using the Copics to change the colour of the flower and heart gems.  That worked well!!!  Once again my scalloped background is cut from a paint sample/chip.  I need to visit Bunnings again to get some more!!!!  The Berger paint chips are the perfect size being 4 x 4 inches square.  Just love getting all the different colours - and for free!!!

While blog hopping I came across this wonderful card by Deirdre.  I have a friend due to have a boy any day now so I CASED the card and come up with this:

I choose browns instead of blues to make this card.  It is a bit smaller than a normal card being  4 x 4 1/4 inches.  I coloured the image in with Dye inks by stamping the ink onto a piece of acrylic and then using a water brush to pick up the colour.  I used the computer to generate the sentiment.  The ribbon was from the lovely Linda (aka Oz) - it is just beautiful - a really nice satin ribbon.  So thanks to Linda and Deirdre...

Still more new stamps to play with yet.... I'll want to make some cards to send for Jennifer McGuire's Cards for Kids.  Please visit her blog here that tells you all about it... She really needs more for the boys.... so might get the lion and his mate the tiger out and let them loose....
Take care and thanks for stopping by.


9 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Lovely Dawn! Hooray for wonderful new stamps, love that gingham background! I still can't wait to try copics one day! :)

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful cards, Dawn! I HAVE to get that striped stamp and make some plaid backgrounds--love that idea! The lion is perfect for boyish cards--is that a Hero stamp?

Deirdre said...

Great cards - love your baby card too... great lion and love the colours you used.

Nancy said...

Don't ya just love inking up new stamps for the time?!! I just love what you did with the stripes, how versatile. The lion is really cute, so perfect with the polka dot ribbon. Happy Stamping, Dawn!

Vanessa said...

Cute cards!! Inking up new stamps is so much fun! The lion is adorable!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Monika Reeck said...

The blue card is sooo cuuutee Dawn and the brown also sweet....Happy stamping too...hugd

Suzanne C said...

Adorable cards! Love both of them and the lion is lovely.

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! I liked that card by Deirdre, too! Love your CASE of it. The lion is so sweet! Have fun with your new stamps, too! :-)

Diana said...

Both the little cheerleading card and the lion are so cute. Great job!