Saturday 17 April 2010

The end of an era.....

Friday was a bit of a sad day for me.... it was my last day as a team leader - 8 years I have been one... now I think it will be strange to have to report to someone else and not be the one to make the decisions... still as one door closes an other opens.
And it was also the day we said Farewell to Sue.... a very emotional funeral. She had worked in my workplace for 30 years so was a very respected and loved lady. As so many of us wanted to go say our goodbyes the company put on a bus to take us to the service. It was a very moving ceremony. Sue was one of twins ( identical) so it seemed surreal to see Joan, her sister, standing there looking just like her.

However the day ended nicely with me having a beauty treatment,.... facial and toes painted and then out to a lovely dinner with a group of friends to celebrate Warren's birthday... not that he let us know that it was until half way through the meal!!!!

No cards to share today as I have been flat tack making my swap pins for Stamp Camp in two weeks. Once I finish I'll share...

I got another new stamp set this week as well..... Antique Engravings... I know; more butterflies - but hey who could resist!!!! As I have a number of family birthdays coming up in May, I'm sure it will get some use....

Well the weather here is cooling down and it's time to go buy new slippers.... my feet are starting to get cold. Take care and a happy weekend to everyone

2 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh Dawn, thinking of you and hoping new challenges at work will be promising for you! Work can really take over our lives sometimes, after all, we are there for 8 hrs. or more, so our job definitely is 'our' family too! Glad your day did end well and looking forward to seeing more of your cards, love the Antique Engravings set!

Suzanne C said...

I think you have just the right attitude around starting something new. I am sorry about your friend and now it is hard and so glad you decided to get a little personal loving which helps with all the stress.