Saturday 8 May 2010

Stampin' Saturday

For the 3rd Saturday in a row I have spent all day stamping... this week it was our monthly group at Stamp'n'create.  We had a full house today... 10 of us.  I had in mind that I would make my card for May Card chain challenge.... using the sketch Deborah put up here...but got a bit waylaid.... Judi had some new Hero Arts stamps in and I just couldn't resist the Poppy Background Cling...  it is just amazingly versatile....

 
Three times used and three different looks.
For the first card I stamped with Versamark and used white embossing powder then rubbed red Brilliance ink over the lot.  Matted on black and then onto Bazzil.  Not sure what sentiment I'll put on this one.
Number two, I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and used water colour pencils and watered down Liquid Pearls to colour it in. Matted onto purple and then the white base card with a bit of sheer ribbon.
The final piece is still to be made up - but it so beautiful.  I stamped with Versamark on black card and embossed with a powder called Winter Illusion.  As the card is moved, the colour changes from pink to green.  I have captured a little of the look on the photo.  I'll probably matt onto white then onto black base card... maybe add a bit of ribbon or scallop the bottom....

That kept me a bit busy for the day.... but I did manage to get the card made that is going to Deborah in Canada.  Her blog is very inspirational and has a lot of tutorials. 
Here's just a wee sneak peek at the card I did for her.


We also had a demo on making a step card.... however my measuring must have been off as I couldn't get the card to sit straight!!!!  Still good practise.  Less haste more speed next time!!!  And we did a make and take that involved using new die cuts of an owl and piecing them together... I got the owls finished but not the card.  Will need to finish it during the week.


Tomorrow is Mothers Day so to all my readers who are Mum's - have a great day and enjoy your families...  I'm going out to dinner to celebrate both Mothers Day and Emma's birthday... double celebrations at her favourite restaurant...Gaku Teppan Yaki...
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

4 comments:

Sanne said...

Beautiful Poppy cards Dawn! Have a nice weekend!

Monika Reeck said...

Love your card number two so magnificant Dawn..how are you my dear...hugs

Tilly said...

Those poppies are stunning, Dawn. Wish I could colour in like you do. I'm 'Copic Challenged'!

Suzanne C said...

WOW! three beautiful poppy images! Love the effect on the dark background!