Thursday 13 May 2010

You Hoo... Birthday Owls

At Stamp Group on Saturday our make and take was the three owls - They were cut with a new die by EZ Cut. We cut three owls out of 3 different card, pulled them apart and mixed up the colours to put them back together, We also cut the branch with another EZ Cut die. I put mine on a piece of pp that had been spritzed with Walnut stain ink solution. It was my first time using the spray bottle and I got a few splotches... but that made it look cool. I layered it on black and then olive card stock on a white base. My little owls were pop dotted for dimension. I then stamped the words "you hoo" in top and bottom corners

I really like these dies by EZ Cut - so ordered some... two different borders - and one that embosses and cuts a square out of the top part of the card. Really different. I picked them up today. So lookout for some embossed cards coming up.  Just to find some time to do some crafting.... maybe Saturday as I'm off for my fourth Saturday in a row - stamping.... going to a Stampin' Up! demo and stamping at Sandie's place....

Thanks for stopping by... I appreciate it.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Dawn, I think I want to take this class with you! The cards that result from it are always so fun!! The background is very cool looking, splotches and all! Love the adorable owls!! :)

Lin said...

These really made me smile!

Monika Reeck said...

Cute Owls Dawn...made my smile too :) great BG you have made...

Tiffany Ervin said...

So very cute Dawn! I'm so into dies right now and these owls are just too adorable! Great card, so nice to hear about all of the fun that you have at your stamp group!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable owls and sweet card!