Sunday 1 August 2010

Can't get enough of BWG....

that's right... I am so loving this weeks colour challenge from Play Date Cafe.   It is such a classic - Black and White with a touch of green.  Today's card... well I'm not too sure if there is more than a touch of green!!!  But I liked it anyway.

I started by stamping the Dahlia stamp ( Darkroom Door) in black on white card and clear embossing. The then rubbed my tear drop ink pad ( Lime Key Chalk ink) over the whole  piece.  I sponged a touch of Forest Moss in the middle and added a touch of green stickles over the flowers as well.  Once that had dried, I highlighted the flowers with white gel pen to lift them a bit.  I cut to size and doodled round the edge.  Finally matted on the large black piece and added the sentiment ( Stamp-It) in white EP.

Wee Memories blog ( the delightful Jenny) challenge this week is to use Chipboard.  For a moment I couldn't think if I had any chipboard other than some letters... then remember last year in a give away from Jennifer McGuire, I got some lovely Christmas chipboard shapes from K & Company.  So I hunted them out and decided to do a long card ~ had a set from Rosie's Studio that I hadn't used.... so this is what came about....

NO STAMPING!!!!!  I simply placed the ribbon along the front of the card and put the letters on top.  I did debate about putting some stamping such as a sentiment but decided against it.  Truly CAS.

And finally, in preparation for the trip, I invested in a pair of decent walking sandals... not cheap by any means even with a 20% sale... but will be so worth it,.

I've been wearing them around so they will bet broken in before we go... Only 17 more sleeps!!!!  I've been getting a few bits together... combination locks for the suitcases, body bag to keep the passports next to my skin and a plug converter so Peter can charge his cell phone!!!  Next weekend, I'll start to think about getting the clothes ready that I want... all getting too exciting!!!

Thanks for peeking today... hope you weekend was a creative as mine...

and PS - pop over to Joy's blog post for today... she has a very heart wrenching story at the end of her post about a child who needs some help.... and some Stampin' Up demonstrators have come up with a great fund-raiser to help Hudson get the Kids Walker that will make his life so much better.... I've purchased the Christmas Tutorials... Please go and have a look.  Here is the direct link to the website for Hudson

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

These cards are beautiful, Dawn! The flower card is gorgeous!! And love your fun shoes - I've never seen any like these!

donna mikasa said...

Such a stunnng BWG card--love that design! And your CAS card is so clever with no stamping! Good idea to break in your footwear and if I'm not mistaken, I don't think you can lock your luggage anymore? Maybe just in the US...

Barb said...

Gorgeous cards today, Dawn! Love the green flowers in the first one! And your fun chipboard Christmas card is fab! I love those cute sandals! Sounds like you are so excited for your trip. . . and organized! :)

Kelly Booth said...

Great cards Dawn....Love those Shoes!! How fun to have a fun trip to look forward too...
I'll have to go check out the Link on Hudson!1
Hugs....

Monika Reeck said...

great cards Dawn and cute shoes....The card with flower look so elegant and the noel card is so fun dear....happy travelling to europe :)

Anita Rex said...

Dawn love your card for the Wee Memories challenge, such a great one! :> Love your Play Date Cafe challenge card also, those flowers look unbelievably gorgeous! Not much left before your trip! So excited for you! It will be here before you know it! And good idea to get new good sandals, your feet will thank you! If you do get sore feet or cuts on them I find that putting cream before bed really really helps, I do it on vacation all the time!

Suzanne C said...

Love the second entry for the PDCC as much as the first! Fabulous card. the highlights are wonderful. Lovely card. The NOEL card is lovely. Beautiful design.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Super beautiful colors, I haven't played with green and black for a while! I can tell you are getting really excited for the trip, I would be too, love them fun shoes!

stampingandstitching said...

These are two gorgeous cards Dawn! Your new sandels are cute and I love the colour! Not long to go now - the countdown before holidays is always so exciting!!