Sunday 15 August 2010

inky fingers.....

Warning... long post!!!!
Yesterday was Stamp Group day at Stamp'n'create.  I so enjoy this day and was determined not to miss it.... even though there was just so much to do at home.. This time we had a new member join us as a number of the group were away.... in total we only had 6 there but that was awesome as we had room to spread!!!!  I came home with inky fingers as I really had a productive day....
firstly I finished off painting some of my Xmas Tags.... then it was onto a card for Maim Doodles challenge of a shaped card.  I had printed out a couple of Lil' Rosie images and this is what I came up with.
Maim Doodles challenge
I tried out Lysa's hair colouring technique ( shown here on Color Me Copics).  I only have black and cool grey but was pleased with the result.

Next it was onto a Christmas card.  I had seen this on Dawn Griffith's blog and thought I'd give it a go.

Christmas Wise Men
I used a Kaleidaclor ink (Blue Breeze) on the glossy card stock and then used Stazon to stamp the Three Wise Men from an Inkadinkado set.  I have decided that I will be doing more of this one for this years Christmas cards as it is such an easy one to do.

My next card is one I made with Hero Arts Large Flower.  I have ordered this stamp but it hasn't arrived yet, but one of the ladies at group had hers there so I borrow it.  I stamped it twice on vellum and embossed in white and then once in versamark on a pinky piece of Bazzil.

Big Flower

I cut it all out and layered onto the red card.  Sentiment from Stamp-It.  I wanted the flower to be the focal image.

Our demonstration this week was about using watercolour with reinkers.  I don't have many reinkers ( in fact only 2!) so thought I'd try with putting a bit of distress ink onto the acrylic block and picking up a dot.... worked okay - photo to come when I actually make up the bit into a card.... but learning the technique was awesome.  Jill is soooo talented

My final card was our Make and Take..... involved CB embossing folders, Spellbinders flower dies, and glimmermist.... AWESOME!!!!!  will be trying this one again.

Make and Take

Until I get permission from Judi ( originator of the card) I can't share entirely how it was made.

Well that's it from me today... Hope the length of this wasn't too off putting but will leaving in 3 days I need to post it all at once!!!!  Packing is going well.... almost finished - just a bit of ironing to do and add to the suitcase.

Take care everyone...

10 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! You really did have a productive day! Sounds like so much fun. Great techniques you've learned. Love all these fabulous cards, Dawn! 3 days. . .I'll bet you're getting so excited! I'm expecting lots of photo sharing when you get back. In case you don't do another post before you leave, have a wonderful time, safe travels and I'll miss you, my friend! Big hug!

Suzanne C said...

How fun! Love all your cards. my favorite is the blue holiday card. Gorgeous!

Trinh said...

Sounds like you had a great day, Dawn! Your Lil' Rosie card is so cute & I love the shape that you used. Thanks for stopping by my blog during the Mami Doodles blog hop.

Anita Rex said...

ooooo 3 days! It's coming sooo soon! I am so excited for you! And cannot wait to see pics! Love all your cards. The hair on the first is great! Love the blue soft wiseman card, such a great stamp! Sounds like such a fun day being so creative and productive!

Vanessa said...

Only 3 days - you must be very excited! Love all your cards, sounds so fun to make cards with all the other ladies!

stampingandstitching said...

Wow only 3 days to go Dawn - how exciting for you!! You certainly had a productive day and don't worry I love long posts with lots of cards! These are all gorgeous cards and thanks for the link to Lysa's video! The hair on Lil' Rosie turned out great - I find it so hard to colour hair.

Jill said...

I LOVE long posts - more eye candy for me!! :) All of these are fantastic! You got a lot done in one day- I'm impressed. Love that Christmas card- simply stunning!

Tiffany Ervin said...

So, so fun Dawn, love all of your cards that you were able to make with friends, so much fun, isn't it? Wishing you the best trip! We'll miss you terribly!

Monika Reeck said...

woow only 3 days and you will not touch your ink again in holiday or do you bring also some stamp and ink?love your card with Rosie so sweet and nice shape too ...good luck with the challenge dear wohoo you have 2 little Rosie card on Mami Doodles yeah...busy girl...Hope your journey will be fun and happy :)hugs...Monika

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! Terrific cards! I love the brayered ink one that you did! I love the torn edges and the contrast between the glossy paper and the textured paper.