Friday 22 October 2010

One of those days....

when what you have in your mind just does not come out on the paper..... that's what I had yesterday.  I suddenly realised I need to get cards made for my great nephews who are turning 4 next Thursday.... in Australia so I had to get them into the post today.... as Monday is a public holiday here in NZ.

I had an idea to use some dinosaur themed paper and stamps.... stopped off at my LSS and picked up some paper and a couple of little stamps by Imaginisce ... what I got wasn't at all how I thought it would turn out.... but I really didn't have time to do anything else.

I cut out the boys names with my CB and used my Xyron sticker maker to adhere them to the card.  I edged the names with white gel pen and some stickles.  I stamped the images and coloured and added to the cards.   Still I'm sure 4 years old will enjoy them.    So Hunter and Zade..... have a happy birthday next week.  The cards got into the post today.

I had the day at home today, doing a big spring clean of the kitchen and bathrooms..... so the next 3 days are ALL MINE!!!!  Tomorrow though, a spring clean in the craft room ( again... I am so messy and untidy I have to do this very regularly!!!!)   Once that's done it off to visit a friend in the afternoon.... and to admire her lovely cards in person!!!!   Hubby has plans to waterblast the drive and deck, so that will keep him busy all day... but by the end the place will be looking really good.

Enjoy your weekend people and thanks for stopping by....

4 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hey Dawn.
These cards are really out there your Nephews are going to love them, they are adorable.
See you tomorrow.
Smiles:)

Barb said...

Dawn, I love these cute cards! Your nephews are going to love them! Just perfect for boys! I sure wish I could be there too, to meet both you and Sue! Have fun and hugs to both of you! :)

Nancy said...

First off, your birthday cards are absolutely perfect for 4 year old boys, I love that you did them each differently. I'm sure they will love them, I'm pretty impressed with them!
Enjoy your clean house and soon to be clean craft space (I'm a messy crafter too, can totally relate).
Have a wonderful weekend
blessings!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful cards! They are perfect for boys and they are sure to love them.