Sunday 7 November 2010

Barb's 90 minute Scramble....

I was able to take part in the 90 minute scramble today because it started at 9.00am NZ time.  In the past it was middle of the night for me....
So there I was at 9.00am sitting in front of the computer with my stuff around me,.. still in my PJ's, cuppa tea and jammy toast beside me... ( Sunday is my sleep in day and it's normally awake at 8.00 with cuppa tea and the morning papers and up at 9.00am)
Barb's challenge was to make a Christmas card with a non-traditional flower...... so I was off and racing. Grabbed the cuttlebug and cut out some yellow and blue flowers.... then couldn't find any papers or card to match - so scrapped that idea.... so what next.  Quickly searched through my stash of paper and found a nice snowflake background in blues and purples.... that will do.... now stamps?  Love my Music background.... and so it went.... got the background done, stamping around the edge of the base card,... got the sentiment stamped.... oh my gosh what about the flower!!!!!

Now I've been trying to make rolled circle flowers like Jennifer McGuire showed in one of her videos.... but alas they have always look awful and never worked out... always in the bin... but thought I'd just have one more try ........  well worth persevering - got one to work - yeah!!!!
Used some felt leaves I cut out and finally got it all together.... just on the hour.... then to photograph, load up onto Flickr and link to the discussion thread.... woohoo... made it.

Wonderful time of the year

so there it is..... and this is what the desk looked like at the end.....
My desk at the end of 90 mintue scramble


Now on to the big clean up.....
Thanks Barb for such a fun challenge and doing it at a time that was good for me.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

13 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful result, Dawn - so glad you got the flower to work - love your purple and blue yumminess!

Barb said...

Dawn I loved reading this post! Smiling and giggling through the whole thing! Love the way you described the fast paced, mayhem! So funny the way your desk looks at the end! Love your card too! Very pretty and I'm happy that the flower turned out. . . .and so beautifully too! Thanks for playing today, my friend!

Pajalu said...

Dawn what a great card! I love the way you described how it all came together as well. Made me smile ;D xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Virginia L. said...

I adore this card, Dawn! It's hard to believe that you put it together in such a short while...but yes, it sure did damage to the craft table!! SO awesome to see how HARD you worked :) TFS!

Dotty Jo said...

So glad you managed to join in the fun... and create a gorgeous card! Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great card, Dawn, and I loved your description of the process! Your mess looks like mine, well ... maybe yours isn't as BAD as mine! Such a fun challenge - glad we have this in common with so many miles between.

Jennifer said...

Hi Dawn :) Your "mess" portrays a great mind at work :) Thanks for sharing your pictures, it's so nice to know I'm not the only one with everything thrown all over the place!

(Jenifer Ann)

stampingandstitching said...

Love, love, love your fab card, Dawn! Thanks for posting the photo of your desk - I'm glad I'm not the only one who ended up with a desk like that!

jaemom said...

Such a beautiful card, Dawn, and I love your post-scramble chaos photo, too! Heehee. My table surface looks very similar, and I STILL haven't cleaned it up yet, oh my... thanks for sharing!

Monika Reeck said...

lovely PURPLE flower Dawn yeah you did it...me too I always made this flower and go to the trash bin but after two tree time I think the result is okay my friend..lovely design Dawn...beautiful card

Kathy said...

Dawn this card is just breathtaking and I am in love with the colors too. So funny my desk looks like this a lot. Right now it's looking nice thou. I can't thank you enough for all of your support and taking the time to comment at the PB blog. Hugs my friend, Kathy

Tiffany Ervin said...

Ooh, Dawn, very lovely color combination on your background panel, love it!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous background. Love the design with the music and the beautiful rolled flower. Best part is the picture of your desk. Mine always looks like that at the end of any of my projects.