Thursday 18 November 2010

An embarrasing moment....

I had a bit of an embarrassing moment yesterday.... grocery basket full of goodies gone through check out-- but no wallet...no cash, no credit card....oopps...
Had to do a mad dash back to work (10kms) - not on the desk!!!!  Wow bet it's in the work car I was in earlier in the day....yeap - oh but there is no one in the office to get the car bag and keys....:-(   The Workplace Services desk closes at 4.30 and it was now 4.45!!!  Then Suna to the rescue.... she was still in the office and after a bit of  search we located a security tag that let us get the car key and me get my wallet,.. so I made this card to say " Thanks a million" for going the extra mile....and alls well that end well.... got the groceries.....even if I had to go round and fill the basket all over again.....
Thanks A Million


Suna was very excited to see this and showed it to her boss.... hope it helps her get a good rating.... she really saved my day!!!

It was a nice and simple card to make.... lovely PP from my stash, double punched Martha Steward Monarch with a bit of glitter glue and some ribbon.  Stamp from Sullivan's.  Inside I used the computer to write..."thanks a million, you saved my day"

So now my lesson has been learnt..... zip up the handbag so the wallet does not fall out!!!!

Only one more day till my parents arrive and just over one week to the wedding!!!!!  Getting very excited here now.... Hen's afternoon tea on Saturday - the young ones will then go out on the town  - this oldie has hubby's work function to attend.... all go on Saturday  - good thing though - Physiotherapist said I AM NOT TO DO THE VACUUMING!!!!!!!!!!  Puts too much stress on the back.... it's currently taped up after this evening's physio session,...  Great job for the hubby - yeah

9 comments:

Suzanne C said...

What a lovely card as a thank you and hate when that happens. Glad it worked out! Very happy for you on the upcoming celebration!

Lin said...

Isn't it the awfulest feeling when you realize the wallet is missing? So glad to hear that everything turned out well! Recently DH lost a credit card, and didn't discover it for a whole week, but thank goodness he remembered the last place he used it, and sure enough, they had it locked in their safe!
Love your pretty blue card!

Barb said...

Dawn, this happens almost daily where I work. Someone realizes they don't have their wallet. It really gives you such a feeling of panic, doesn't it? Glad everything worked out! Beautiful, thoughtful card for your co-worker! Have fun this last week before the wedding! Getting so exciting! Can't wait for you to share the photos! Hugs!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Did you go all red at the checkout!!!!Poor you, it has not been a good week has it. You have made Suna a very pretty card I am so pleased she appreciated it. Enjoy the weekend Dawn, unfortunately the weather is not going to be the best, better now though than next week...
Smiles:)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh Dawn, that is so thoughtful that she went the extra mile to get what you needed, that is the true spirit indeed, so happy to hear she adored your card, how blessed we are to have people like that in our lives! You know I can't wait to hear all about the days leading up to the wedding, whoo!!

Anita Rex said...

Dawn I really enjoyed this post! Really made me laugh! Great way to get out of the vacuuming! Lovely card! Going on the hunt for your wallet sounds like something that would happen to me! :> So excited for the wedding! I can't wait to see photos!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Oh my! Sounds like an adventure!

Nancy said...

thanks for sharing your adventure, it really does help to know I'm not the only one who does such things. your card is lovely and so perfect to thank Suna for saving your bacon (possibly quite literally).
I'm hoping you will enjoy all the festivities leading up to the wedding!
Speaking as one who has suffered with back and neck injuries, I don't think you should have to do any house work....
hoping you feel better really soon!
blessings

Monika Reeck said...

Oh dear what an adventure ....Lovely butterfly card by the way...hugs and miss you