Wednesday 10 November 2010

I've been pottering.....

haven't felt much like doing anything the last couple of nights.... suddenly feeling a bit tired and grumpy!!!! Have put out my back and didn't sleep well last night....  Poor DH has copped it.... but have a couple of cards that I made recently to share.

First is for my friend Marnie's birthday is a couple of weeks.... she wears a lot of green colours so thought I'd do this green big flower


I coloured parts of the petal with a Copic.  I had a bit of an issue with the sentiment.... notice it is not straight.  I have misplaced my stamp positioner and am waiting for my new Stampin'Up one to arrive - still all in all, I am pleased with this CAS card.


Second card is for our nephew who is coming up 16.  He is a very good golfer - so thanks to some stamped images send to me by the lovely Paula, I was able to make this card.
Golfer Birthday card

Had fun using distress inks to colour in the image and then using some watered down Liquid pearls to give it shimmer.

Well that's it for tonight... am going to head off to bed with a hot wheat bag and my book and see if I can get some sleep.

The countdown to the wedding day is now well and truly underway.... 17 days to go.... have seen the dress almost finished.... magnificent!!!!! and everything else is falling into place thanks to one extremely organised daughter.  She has everything planned to the nth degree.  So very impressed with her.

Bye for now

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Aw, hope you feel better soon.. poor DH :)) I know it so well.
Lovely simple design, showing off this lovely flower stamp in green - very nice! Sleep well Dawn!

Suzanne C said...

Sorry about your back. Love the green flowers on the card. Beautiful. The golfing card is perfect for a male.

CinnamonSally said...

Hope you feel better soon Dawn there is nothing worse than a bad back. Great cards the golfer is fabulous!!
Sallyx

Barb said...

Love both cards, Dawn! So sorry about your back. Take it easy and rest lots! Hugs to you. . . :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Great set of cards, I'm always in love when someone uses that large flower stamp! Hope you feel better soon. Sending warm wishes to you!