Monday 8 November 2010

WMC#30 - Birthday Bash

This week's challenge over at Wee Memories ( Jenny's blog) is "Birthday Bash" to celebrate Jenny's blog birthday!!!!  This is timely as I had to make a birthday card for my son's girlfriend.  Isobel's birthday is next week 3 days after my son's birthday.  They were over for dinner last night and I gave them their cards early as we won't see them before the birthdays.  I had already made Kieran's card a while ago but had left Isobel's.  Yesterday afternoon, I made this for her.... used similar design to my Christmas one of earlier in the day....


Isobel's birthday

I used a pale blue patterned paper and stamped the Music background in Faded Jeans distress ink.  This background stamp is so versatile.  I can see me using it all year round.  I added a sentiment by Stamp-It and the butterfly was punched from the PP and sponged with the distress ink.  I then used some paper that I had made using Joy's watercolour technique ( see here) to roll a flower.  I inked the edges in the distress ink and then added some gems and stickles.

And I have one more Christmas card I made the other night.  I used watercolour paper and white embossed the snowflake stamp but instead of alcohol inks I used distress inks - a very basic resist technique but still very effective.

Resist Christmas


I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment straight onto the paper and added some ribbon and the snowflake.  Finally added some Enamel Accents.... love this stuff.... looks like a brad on the snowflake.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting.  Please feel free to leave a comment...

10 comments:

Deirdre said...

Fab Dawn, love them both.

Barb said...

I love all the blue you've been using, Dawn! I seem to be grabbing that color a lot lately too! Beautiful cards! Love your gorgeous rolled flower and the enamel accents!

Virginia L. said...

Love your birthday card, Dawn! The flowers and the use of the Music bg are fabulous! So glad to see your entry at Wee Memories Challenge!

stampingandstitching said...

Beautiful birthday card, Dawn! Love your design and combination of elements! Gorgeous Christmas card too! Wonderful bg and colours!

Monika Reeck said...

love your NEW Flower Dawn looks adorable with that Leaves and Lovely BG too and great butterfly...how are you my dear...hope you are healthy and Ok hugs...

Ann said...

Oooh, I love the sparkle on your top card! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful monochromatic colors on both cards Dawn! So lovely is that musical background stamp, I need to get that out and play more with it!

Jinny Newlin said...

Soooo love your birthday card! What a gorgeous color! I've got to get my hands on that background stamp! LOVE! Thanks for playing along with us in the Wee Memories' Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love both of them in the soft blues and white.

Anita Rex said...

I love the musical background in blue! And your flower is soooo pretty! I hope Isobel loved it!