Thursday 17 February 2011

Inspiration at its best....

Last week I was struggling with getting a card made.... simply no mojo so for my trip to stamp group on Saturday, I decided I need to have some inspiration.  So I popped into the Flickr groups I belong to, and some of the blogs I visit regularly to supply me with some.... and boy did I find plenty......
so first off I was inspired by the very talented Dustypenny ( aka Joy Ott). This card she made (here) inspired me to make this:
Leaves

I started by sponging the one side of my base card with Old Olive distress ink and over stamped with a grid stamp by Rubadubado and then all over with Hero Arts Envelope stamp ( fast becoming a MUST USE stamp) For my focal panel I use a piece of water coloured paper I had made. I started by stamping it with a script stamp ( again by Rubadubado) in tea dye distress and then used Forest Moss to stamp the Hero Arts Leaf Cluster.   I used Joy's idea of lace and a flower along the bottom of the panel.  I used a punch to make my own flower in a matching colour and added the lace leaves 

For my next inspiration,  I used this card (here) from the Penny Black blog. It was made by Denise Marzec .  She used some of the new PB papers called Field of Irises.   Here is my take on the card
Great Friends

I made my pp by distressing some white card with Dusty Concord  and Shabby Shutters distress ink.  I then used some inspiration from Jill Foster.... flicked water drops onto it.  Jill is the Mistress of this technique.  I then stamped Hero Arts Dandelion Frame in the Dusty Concord.   I stamped three Hero Arts butterflies ~ two onto the distress card and one on white card.  I fussy cut them and layered onto the card.  I finished with a sentiment by Hero Arts and some gems.  

I love that there are so many many talented and wonderful crafters out there who provide us all with inspiration and I thank them all....... what a great way to get the creative juices running again.  I feel it is very important to acknowledge someone when you have used their card for inspiration.  It only takes a moment to say thanks for the idea, inspiration, concept etc.  I know I am happy that someone thinks my work is good enough to copy, inspire, challenge or whatever but sometime it can be disheartening if you see some has taken your idea and used it without acknowledging where they got it.....



Hope the rest of the week is good for you all... it's almost the weekend.  We have such a busy one... a 21st birthday party on Saturday evening and a family dinner on Sunday evening. 

8 comments:

Sanne said...

2 beautiful cards Dawn - you found great inspiration ;)

Barb said...

Love both of these pretty cards, Dawn! Isn't it awesome that inspiration is just a click away? So nice that we can all inspire each other! Hugs!

Lin said...

I'd say your mojo is back and then some! These are both really lovely, Dawn! And I so agree about the inspiration on flickr - what you did is exactly what I do when I need a little nudge.

Scrumplescrunch said...

You probably were not feeling too great at SG Dawn if the truth be known.
The card you made shows your creativity is all there, it is a lovely card.
We all have our low periods, but they do not last long.
Smiles:)

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Jo x

Suzanne C said...

Both are beautiful! Love the purples on the second card and the earthy tones on your first card.

Tilly said...

These are really gorgeous Dawn. Love this style of card. Have you ever looked at this site?
http://davebrethauer.typepad.com/outsidethebox/
A similar style and so elegant.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous inspiration and great take with your cards - love the subtle and softness on both cards! That delicate lace on the first one is so pretty!