Wednesday 16 February 2011

Mail from Norway.

This week I received the most beautiful card from Norway... from the lovely Anette as part of the February Card Chain Challenge run by Deborah Nolan.
Isn't just wonderful.  Not only did she manage to follow the sketch, but she also used the colour scheme....

Now for another share from the weekend....

With Love (feb11challenges)

this card is a very simple one.  On arrival at the group, we were all presented with some reddish card stock, some lovely patterned paper and some die cut hearts.  So I decided to do a "Love" card with the what was there.  I started by putting a strip of pp across the card base I made with the Bazzil and adding a thin strip of the card stock to look like a ribbon.  I then adhered the hearts.  I had sponged on some red ink ( not that it showed up that well) prior to putting the hearts on the card.  I used some of the rest of the pp to make the roses.   Finally added the small sentiment in the bottom corner.  I entered this card into several challenges...  Cute Card Thursday   and SSC card challenge.

My husband and some of his family have finally been able to say their last farewell to Helen, as her Requiem Mass was held in London overnight ( Tues 15th)  I just wish I could have been there to say goodbye to this lovely courageous lady.  She will be sadly missed by all... Hubby will be winging his way home in the next few days... arriving back Friday afternoon.... yeah!!!!!!

Tonight, though, I am off to the movies with some friends.... to see "The King's Speech"  I have only heard good things about it, so am pleased to be going to see it.

Wishing all my readers a happy week.

5 comments:

Vicky said...

I love the heart card, so pretty! Have fun at the movies, I too have only heard good things about that movie but Im yet to see it.

xxx

Anita Rex said...

Such a lovely card to receive in the mail! And what a romantic card you made! Hope you enjoyed the kings speech, I still have to see it!

Pajalu said...

Dawn what a great card. I love what you did with what you where given. Thank you so much for my beautiful card & the girls love their card as well. Sending lots of hugs your way xoxoxoxo

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous card from Anette I really struggled with the colours this month so I just used the sketch!! Hope you enjoy the film Dawn and not long to hubby returns!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful cards. Lovely soft tones on Annette card. The double heart cut outs are so pretty. .