Sunday 27 March 2011

March Card Chain Challenge Reveal...

I was a tad late getting my card off in this months Card Chain Challenge organised by the lovely Deborah.... and that's who my recipient was this month....  Deborah tells me the card has arrived so I can now share...
CCC March 2011

Inspiration from this came from a Stamp TV episode (here)  Gina K has lots of fabulous videos of lots of different techniques.  This one involved embossing on patterned paper and then using inks to bring out the embossing.  I used a butterfly embossing folder and some patterned paper I printed out on the computer.  I used a butterfly stamp from Stamp-It which I stamped on the die cut piece with the die still on it... then sponged the Aged Mahogany ink over it.   I used the distress ink to colour the butterfly.

And this little beauty arrived in my letter box from Mariette
CCC Challenge March 2011

Mariette did an amazing job on this one.... It is a stunner.

If you haven't joined Deborah card chain challenge.... you should... it is such fun. Visit her blog to link up shortly...

Our trip down to Hamilton today was good.... but not without a little incident.... We had a late night.... so told our son he could drive us down.   We have a Nissan Maxima so he was thrilled to be driving a good car.  The road down to Hamilton is mostly 2 laned highway.  I'm dozing in the backseat when I felt the car slowing and his girlfriend saying" Told you to slow down"  - yeap he was caught speeding and pulled over.... doing 127km in a 100Km area.   So a fine and loss of 35 demerit points.... not the greatest start to the day.  However the rest of the day was lovely.  We met at Peter's brother's house and the family all said a few words about their sister and then we viewed the video of the funeral service.  Very moving... then we all headed off to a local bar/restaurant  for drinks and a meal.  Lots of friends came, including two of Helen's friends from Levin.   It was lovely to catch up with the family and the young ones enjoyed each others company.    And a lovely way to say goodbye to Helen

Thanks for visiting.  Have a great week....

Dawn

10 comments:

Vicky said...

hahah Naughty Kieran :) Beautiful cards and I am glad you had a lovely trip to Hamilton. xxx

Lin said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn! The inking on the embossing really does bring out the detail....must try this!

Barb said...

I'm glad you were all able to get together and celebrate Helen's life, Dawn. Sounds like you had a lovely time. (except for the speeding ticket!) Beautiful cards for the CCC!

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Dawn, So glad you had a good time in Hamilton, lovely to have a family get together at this time. Love both cards, I really enjoy the CCC every month, Deborah is so good to take time to organise it!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Both cards are so striking! Wow, really fresh colors!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Now you have said your goodbyes you will feel a bit better about moving on. Your cards are lovely.
Smiles:)

Isha Gupta said...

lovely card Dawn...you really did a great job with that embossed card. I was thinking but couldnt pick up the courage...now I think, I should give it a try.

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn! Hugs.

Suzanne C said...

Lovely cards both of them! Love the warm colors on mariettes card and the beautiful butterflies on your yours!

Alice said...

your card is so pretty, Dawn! love the rich colors and the card from Mariette is lovely, too! thanks for sharing and thanks for spreading the word for Lily Pad and thanks for hopping with us! =) you look fabulous in that beautiful dress, too! =)