Wednesday 13 April 2011

It's my turn to host the challenge at Simply Scrapping Crafts

Yea... my first time hosting the weekly challenge over at the CARD group at SSC.  See my post here.  The theme for this challenge is to create a "scene" on your card....  Now some of my Flickr friends are excellent at this.....so I browsed through some galleries to get some ideas.  Here's what I came up with... a little boutique

and this is what the inside is like

I used some scrummy papers from Inque Boutique ( Always in Bloom) Spellbinders dies (Parsian Accents and tags) stamps by Hero Arts, Fiskars and Stampendous. I layered the papers on the card base and then cut out the tags for the windows. Stamped the tables inside and embossed the bag and shoes and cut them out and added.

Do come and join me over at SSC and have some fun.  This months prize is from Bearydo Paperie Shoppe.   The delightful Clare has some wonderful seam binding or a lovely vintage pack up for grabs.


Thanks for stopping by... your visit is much appreciated.

Dawn

10 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn,
What a great card :D Kudos to you for hosting the challenge this week. I bet you will get lots of people entering. Have a great week xoxoxoxoxo

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Dawn...I would def. give your challenge a try. Love creating scenes( on cards...lol) I hope its for 1 week cos kids have holidays and we might go somewhere for 4-5 days tomorrow.

Vicky said...

I love this card...fabulous! And I agree, One can never have too many purses or shoes :) xxx

Barb said...

How fun that you're hosting the challenge this week! Love this cute card, Dawn!

Sanne said...

This is great Dawn - nice colors!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! Adorable card! Love the idea of creating a scene for a challenge! So creative! :-)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Well done Dawn a very different Challenge, from the norm,your cards are great, unfortunately I will not be entering this one it is a challenge I cannot get my head around, I really would like to support you here Dawn but I cannot be good at everything!!! ha ha
Smiles:)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love the color combo on this, it's such a pretty and ultra feminine card for a girlfriend!

Suzanne C said...

Whoo Hoo! Your first host of the challenge! Beautiful card! Love your scene with the purse and shoes in the window! Too cute!

Emily D. said...

Cute card Dawn! Way to go on hosting the challenge over at SSC!