Friday 15 April 2011

Lilly Pad colour throw-down

This week over at Lily Pad Cards blog Kathy R had a colour throw-down challenge
Look at these stunning colours
and have a look here for the wonderful  for the wonderful samples from the DT and the entries for the challenge.  It has closed now....

I'm not that great at putting a lot of colours together when I have to... it sort of just comes together... but I thought I'd give this one a go.... I recently won some Penny Black stamps on Kathy's blog (The Daily Marker) so inked up one and came up with this.  

Colour Throw down at Lily Pad

I used a lot of Distress inks to colour in the image after I embossed it.   In fact I used 7 in total.  Think I got all the colours covered in some shade or another.  Such a sweet stamp and I finished it off with a Hero Arts sentiment.  I have also entered it into the Penny Black Flower challenge this week... there are two tiny flowers on it.... pushing the envelope a bit I think....

Had a surprise dinner out with some friends this evening... Hubby is on a boy's night out, and about 5.30 my friends Yvonne and Michael rang to invite us out... so I said yes please, beats eggs on toast any night!  We went to a local Italian place and I had some amazing Tortellini with a mushroom cream sauce.  Very yummy.  

Hope your weekend plans are exciting... Are you going to the do the Hero Arts 90 min scramble on Saturday?  It starts at 6.30am Sunday NZ time so I think I'll be fast asleep.  If you do join in... enjoy.

Take care
Dawn

9 comments:

Barb said...

I don't think I'd get up that early for a scramble either, Dawn. Love your adorable card! That image is so sweet! Have a fab weekend! :)

Lin said...

Your card is adorable; a great use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing in our first challenge, Dawn.
Your dinner sounded yummy - I love all things mushroom.
I think you may be excused JUST THIS ONCE from the scramble :)

CinnamonSally said...

I Dawn such a cute card, love those little mice. Its a shame about the Scramble, these things are always so difficult to organise with the different time zones, sorry its so early for you.
Nevermind, next time!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Great card and colour work Dawn.
I would get up if it was a Rugby game at 0630hrs but I don't think I will for the scramble, I am too much of a perfectionist to try and make a card in 90mins and I would not enjoy it. So sorry ladies this is not for me.
Smiles:)

Tiffany Ervin said...

I think you did a super job on the color throwdown, amazing! Love the coloring Dawn!

Pajalu said...

Gorgeous card Dawn! Congrats on winning that stamp set. I am with you on the 90 minute scramble, if it's at 6.30am for you, it'll be on about 3.30am for me so the only thing I'm gonna be looking at is the back of my eyelids ;P xoxoxoxo

Clare said...

This is just too cute, Dawn! I love that adorable image, and your coloring is AMAZING! Seriously, you should do a video on that! :)
Sounds like you had fun at the dinner!

Betty said...

darling card dawn - and you got all the colors in! i think coloring(and wonderfully also) an image like you did is a better way of incorporating colors than what i attempted.

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful card. Beautiful use of the colors. Glad you are playing along with us at the pond!