Friday 29 July 2011

Inspired by.... Jill Foster

I'm sure most of my readers will know Jill Foster and her lovely Inspired by..blog.  Well this week her video tutorial over at Penny Black ( PB & J video) inspired me.  I CASE'd her card

Inspired by.... Jill Foster.

I used her colour scheme and the idea of a large flower.  Where as Jill used Penny Black stamps, I used Hero Arts stamps.  I took two different flowers ( Large flower cling and small striped flower cling)  I stamped them with versamark and clear embossed.  A more subtle white.  Then used the resist technique to colour with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain distress inks like Jill did.  I also used the same background colours.  I didn't make my blue as dark as Jill and I used the blue ink to stamp the Antique Background stamp.  I cut out the flowers and layered together.  I used some Liquid Pearls on the centre of the flower and once it was dry, rubbed the walnut stain over it.  I added some string and a bow but decided to put the large sentiment along the bottom.  Thanks so much Jill for awesome inspiration this week.

Now I have a quick little card to share.  This was made for my great-nephew who turns 3 on Monday.  He LOVES Thomas the Tank Engine.... so found an image to use.
Thomas The Tank Engine...

I layered the engine and then used the red background on an angle to give it a bit of texture as does the envie pattern background.   Hope he likes it.

Hope your weekend is good and you get a chance to make a card, or do some crafting.

Take care


Dawn

6 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Your inspired by card is stunning Dawn. I also loved this card and would CASE it...lol.
Your 2nd. card is so cute...I am sure the little guy will have a big smile on his face when he gets it. Don't forget to take a pic. then.
Hugs

stampingandstitching said...

Dawn, your flower card is abolutely gorgeous! Love your combination of stamps and beautiful distressing! The Thomas the Tank card is super cute! I'm sure your great-nephew will be delighted with it! Enjoy your weekend!

Lin said...

GORGEOUS take on Jill's card! Love the colors, just beautiful. And your nephew will be thrilled with his card - very cute!

Virginia L. said...

Stunning card from Jill's inspiration! Love love it! Your Thomas card is too cute! I wish my boy were still little (LOL)!!

Ali said...

Gorgeous card i really like by first one use amazing color in designing looking too much attractive....Scratch Cards
clear business cards
plastic cards

Suzanne C said...

Lovely CASE of Jill's card. Beautiful rich tones and design. The Thomas card is perfect. WE had a Thomas lover at one time. :)