Tuesday 12 July 2011

Summer Card Camp week3

I found the colours this week a bit easier to use.... seeing the red made me think of Poppies so I pulled out my Poppy Background and had a bit of a play.  Things didn't quite turn out how I pictured them in my mind so I ended up with three poppy backgrounds on my desk.... So far one has made it to a completed card.
Summer Stamp Camp Week 3

I started by clear embossing the background onto some light taupe card and using Barn Door red distress, used the resist technique to colour the poppies.  I matted this onto a light brown card.  The panel was then pop dotted onto the dark chocolate card base.  I embossed the sentiment in white EP then used Swiss Dot folder to dry emboss the bottom half of the card.  I added the white and brown grosgrain ribbon and a butterfly punched out of the brown card and distressed with the red ink. 

So now I have some other poppy panels to play with.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks also for all the lovely comments that you leave. I really appreciate them

Take care

Dawn

11 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

You did really well with the colour combo Dawn. I would not have found this palette so very easy to work with, so well done.
Smiles:)

joy said...

Gorgeous, Dawn! I haven't had time to play yet; maybe today or tomorrow. I love the way you have used the colors for this week.

Lin said...

Seeing all of your camp projects, I feel like I'm right there with you! Fun colors this week!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful take on the color combo! Love how you used this stamp! That butterfly is lovely in this, too!

Barb said...

I love those wonderful, red poppies, Dawn! Beautiful use of the colors!

Clare said...

Oh so pretty! I love the embossing, and the polka dots! And that butterfly is so lovely!

Anita Rex said...

Hi Dawn! I am sorry I haven't visited your blog in a bit! I've missed you! :> Such a pretty card today! I love how you used the colors! And it's nice to read that i am not the only one is to have a few false starts!

donna mikasa said...

what a beauty, Dawn! love your take on this week's colors. The butterfly is the perfect touch!

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous take on your colors Dawn. You have become a real pro with colors. Love these poppies and that pretty butterfly.

Lisa said...

The more I see this poppy the more I like it :) Love the texture with the dots in the bg and the addition of the butterfly with this is perfect!

Suzanne C said...

Love the pop of the bright colors against the black background.