Monday 26 September 2011

Don't you just love new Stamps!

I'm just loving my new Hero Arts stamp called "Merriest Christmas Wishes".   I love the way I can add colour in so many ways.... I've already posted my first card (here) so now here are THREE more variations....

Season's Greeting Bird

Used a Kaleidocolor ink pad ~ Autumn Leaves~ to ink the stamp.  Matted onto some green card that I had cut and embossed with a Spellbinders edgibility die.  Added some self adhesive green ribbon and the button is one I made myself.  The sentiment is from a HA Sparkle clear set.

Bird on a branch Christmas

This one also used a Kaleidocolor ink pad ~ Calypso~ stamped across the stamp rather than down.  I then cut the panel with a Nellie Snellen die and mounted it on another round die from the same set.  I masked off some of the base card and stamped HA Musical Background in Tea Dye.  Sentiment is from the same set as the bird.  Added a hand made Poinsettia.

and finally

Non-traditional Christmas

A bit of non-traditional colours on this one.  I used a Brilliance ink called Twilight for the background.  It is so soft and shimmery.  I used a sparkly gel pen to colour the bird.  Used the new Seedless Preserves distress ink and clear EP to stamp the sentiment directly to the card.  Took some artistic license with the Poinsettia making it with some lilac printer paper.  Off set the panel for create a visual focus.  The base card is a pearlised card from Rosie's Studio.  Lots of tiny gems to simulate the snow.

Thanks for preserving with this long post.... I still have a couple of different coloured panels to make into cards...Soft pool blue and a more dark blue one... Told you I LOVED this stamp!

I'm off to have my walk in between showers today.  It poured yesterday so didn't have one...so MUST go today.  Was tired yesterday as well as we lost an hour sleep with Daylight saving starting and I got woken when hubby and his brother got home at 3.45am after the game on Saturday.... didn't get back to sleep for over an hour and half!!!!   Meanwhile hubby was snoring his head off!!

Take care and have a great week.

Dawn

9 comments:

Brenda said...

II am loving what you are doing with this stamp Dawn! TOtally beautiful! I hope you can get a good night's rest tonight!

donna mikasa said...

Saw your card over at Flickr--so awesome, Dawn! And I love the variations, too! Hope you're doing well...

joy said...

Love your beautiful colors on these cards, especially the last one! Very pretty.

Barb said...

Sounds just like home, Dawn. . .my hubby snores like crazy too. :)

I DO love new stamps and you are rockin' with this one, my friend! Beautiful cards!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful cards Dawn.
luv
Debby

Stamp with Angela said...

Three amazing cards. I like the different colours you have used in each card and the different layouts too.

Lisa said...

Wow! I don't know which one I like the best! You did an amazing job on all 3 bgs and I love the subtle changes in design on each as well :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, Dawn! Love all the variations you've made with this stamp! The snow looks like it's gently misting downwards from the open sky, so soft and pretty! Now I really must get this stamp!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn you used this stamp in so many creative ways. Beautiful designs.