Tuesday 23 October 2012

Watercoloured butterflies.

I used one of the pieces of watercoloured backgrounds I made over the weekend, to make a sympathy card I need for a friend, whose Mum passed away last week.  

Butterfly sympathy


The watercoloured paper was made with aqua crayons.  I loved the graduated look of the paper, so decided to make a tall card.  I stamped the butterflies from a Hero Arts set and coloured the spots with Copics and added dots with a white gel pen.  I added some stripes of the pale blue card down each side.  The sentiment is from a set by MFT  and the inside sentiment is from a Hero Arts sympathy set.

I had my first reassessment at the gym today.... I've lost 3 kgs ( around 6lbs) but did have a bit of a scare.... my trainer was showing me some free weight exercises, which I did, then felt rather dizzy when I'd finished.   Had to sit with my head between my knees.... but it was basically because I'd not eaten since a light lunch... need to remember to have something to snack on before doing hard out exercise!   All in all though, I am already seeing a difference.

Time to catch up on a few more blogs.  Take care

Dawn

11 comments:

Manu World said...

Oh, I really luv them!!!!
:-) hugs from portugal.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the backing paper.xxx

joy said...

Gorgeous watercoloring; love those butterflies!

Take it easy with the exercise, Dawn, until you are accustomed to it! That would scare me to get dizzy. Congrats on losing 6 pounds; I'd love to do the same. (Guess I should start watching my intake a little better) :*)

Brenda said...

Huge congrats on your personal achievement Dawn! I think that is fantastic! I'm trying to lose about 5kg's and I am exercising like a demon but unfortunately I am eating like one too! Yes, make sure you eat something or have a banana and some nuts in your gym bag.
As for your card, well, you have used my favourite butterfly and that stunning soft background is perfect for the rather sad occasion!

Kelly Booth said...

So Pretty Dawn and Love the Gradient Background!! xoxo

Barb said...

Dawn, that card is so beautiful! Love the butterflies against your gorgeous background!

Good for you for exercising and congrats on the weight loss! I know it isn't easy but I'm glad you're already feeling a difference. Be careful now with the dizziness - an empty stomach can really have an effect when exercising!

Greta said...

Love your graduated background & it's perfect for the butterflies. Good for you making progress at the gym already. I'm still having trouble keeping to my schedule--ugh!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Dawn - love those watercolour crayons fro backgrounds and this is a stunning one.
Glad to hear the gym work is going well.
Blessings
Maxine

Stamp with Angela said...

Love the butterflies. A beautiful card.

Well done with your weight loss and take care as you exercise.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn the faded watercolors down the card add such delightful movement to the beautiful butterflies! Congratulations on your fitness news!

sheila said...

this is so beautiful! I love the subtle gradation of color here.....and congrats to you on the weight loss....that is so tough to do. I am glad that the faintness was was nothing serious...make sure you eat protein and drink lots of water!!!!