Monday 18 March 2013

Card exchanges....

There is nothing nicer than getting a home made card in the post.. so I always enjoy taking part in card exchanges....  Greta organised two over at the Love....Handmade cards, ATCs and other Crafts Flickr group and I took got to send cards to Canada and the Netherlands

First up is my card that went to Canada.  It was in a Religious Easter Card exchange

Rejoice


I used a Sizzix embossing folder and a Tim Holtz Diffuser.  I used some distress ink to sponge around the edges.  The cross and sentiment are from Inkadinkado.    And here is the inside

Inside of Easter card.

My second card was for the Secular Easter/Spring challenge and winged it's way to the Netherlands.  

Easter Wishes

I used a Penny Black cling stamp and a new Spellbinders Die. Had a bit of an issue with this.. Stamped the image, coloured it in and then went to die cut it....and DID NOT use wax paper.... BIG MISTAKE!!!.... the card tore and all sorts of tragic things. So re-stamped.... but it was not quite in the middle and when I die cut,  part of the little trolley got chomped.... so rather than start all over again, I simply fussy cut the first coloured image and laid it over the second image. Card saved.... Added a little Verve sentiment. (Note to self - for the third year running.... get some Easter sentiments!)

Today over at Die Cut Divas, I had the pleasure of sharing a video from Wendy Jones from Scottie Crafts.  Do hop over and have a look... she was highlighting Spellbinders De-Lite dies. Some incredibly beautiful cards and LO's from Wendy and the team there.

Had an incredibly relaxing weekend away.... only had my iPhone, so not much time on the internet.... took some printed images and my Copics and did a little colouring


Lots of practising for my little notebook and some images to make up into cards.

Thanks for persevering with my long post today... Wishing you all a happy week full of crafting fun.

 



8 comments:

joy said...

I love both of your cards, Dawn! Great save on the second try. And, I agree, the card exchanges are so much fun.

judkajudi said...

Oh I have often used that cut out the other one and salvage the card technique!! Sometimes it's just a face and I feel a bit cruel cutting up an image for a face!! Love your Easter cards. The embossing on the first one is stunning!

Lisa said...

Love both of your cards and I applaud your resourcefulness at saving the image on the second! I am sitting here thinking about the wax paper tho....not sure what that is for?? do tell!
Sounds like you had a nice weekend coloring. I find it relaxing too :) XX

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn these are gorgeous - love the subtle colours in the first one, and congrats on your creative salvage of the second card.
Blessings
Maxine

stampingandstitching said...

Dawn, your first card is beautiful! I love your colouring of the cross image and the embossing and inking looks great! Your second card is so cute and pretty! Well done on coming up with that solution for the little trolley!

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, I love both your cards. I bet the people getting these will adore them as well.

debby4000 said...

Oh what wonderful beautiful cards.
luv
Debby

Maureen Morton said...

You've been busy, Dawn. Love these cards, especially the cross one. Great background - so perfect for the season. I haven't used my diffusers yet, you've inspired me. Thanks for sharing.