Sunday 14 April 2013

Vintage @ Red Carpet Studios

 
Welcome back for another challenge at Red Carpet Studio.  This week's card challenge is inspired by Hollywood Noir films....so create a Vintage card.





I like Vintage/Shabby Chic cards but not always sure I can pull it off, but was happy with today's project.

Shades of pink and purple

My lovely PP available for free from my fellow Red Carpet Studio DT member Olga, available here.  She has some beautiful papers that are all free.   I printed out the paper increasing the colour tone and saturation a little.  Not sure who produces the butterfly die as I've lost the package it came in. I sponged it with some soft pinks and purples and once I had the ribbon and flower on, spritzed it with some Adironack Colour wash. The doily was also sponged with shades of pink and purple.     This one is a bit more Shabby Chic than vintage... so hope over to the blog and see the fun Vintage cards created by the team.

Had a lovely weekend visiting with our friends in Te Puke.  It's been nearly 2 years since we have seen them.  Here is this morning's brunch


Bacon, lambs fry, tomatoes, fried potatoes, poached eggs, mushroom sauce.   Deliish!!!!

We also visited Hubby's sister in Papamoa and then stopped off to drop something off at our friend's Mum in Ngatea... so it was a long afternoon trip home.  

Well time to catch up with all the blog posts I've missed this weekend. 

Have a great week.


5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Ohhh Dawn this card is a stunner - love the colours and the texture, and how your die cut butterfly echoes the pp.
Blessings
Maxine

Doreen said...

Beautiful card...gorgeous design and fab details.xxx

Greta said...

Love your card, Dawn! Gorgeous colors--love that bg paper & boy would I love to have that butterfly die--just exquisite! Sounds like a nice time away & lovely brunch outdoors--hopefully we'll soon have nice enough weather to get out the deck furniture.

judkajudi said...

My jaw dropped when I saw this card!! Incredible detail!!

Virginia L. said...

Not only I got to see your vintage chic card (it's so beautiful, Dawn), I got a glimpse of the yummy lunch!Thanks for sharing!