Tuesday 16 April 2013

Water Stamping....

I have not been feeling well the last few days.  Saturday I got a pain in my lower abdomen which by mid morning yesterday had me bent over in pain.  I rang my doctors and was able to get in straight away... but she wasn't able to determine what the pain was...  so off for some blood tests and an ultrasound and she gave me a course of antibiotics.  The radiologist said everything looked ok, so hopefully it's just some sort of infection and the antibiotics will do the trick.  Feeling a bit better today already, but still stayed at home and rested.   While I did, I was surfing the 'net and came across a new technique...

Over at Technique Time Tuesday, I saw Water Stamping... After lunch I decided to give it a go.

True Friends

I started by using some distress ink and my application tool.  Once it dried, I made up my water pad and wet the Leafy Vine stamp.  I gave it a quick spritz of some gold Perfect Pearls and then stamped it onto the card.  I made sure it had plenty of time to soak onto the paper.  Once it dried ( with a bit of help from the heat gun.... too impatient to wait) I inked up the stamp with Bundled Sage ink and stamped again.  To make my sentiment, I only inked up the words from a Large background stamp and stamped it directly onto my card.  I added some embossed lines.  I loosely followed the sketch over on Hero Arts for this month's challenge.  The orange piece was made and treated the same, using another part of the background stamp and then punched out the Martha Stewart butterflies.    I sponged some of the orange ink around the edge of the base card as well. 

I am also entering this into the Background challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show

Now I've found this blog I'm going to go and have a good look at some of the different techniques.  

Now I'm going to send you over to Die Cut Divas blog as today we have our Guest for April.... none other than..........................

Do pop over and get to know a bit more about this amazing lady.


9 comments:

Doreen said...

Love this,great design and colours.xxx

Lisa said...

That sounds kind of scary Dawn! I sure hope you are feeling better!
Love your card- that technique looks great :)
Take care XX

Betty said...

hope you are feeling better by today and it's nothing serious. thanks so much for finding this technique - looks like a fun thing i'll have to try.

also thanks for my prize in the die cut diva challenge - the little stamp is so cute and the pearls and lace will be certainly be used. hugs!

joy said...

Love your gorgeous card - thanks for the link!!

Sure hope the antibiotics do the trick and that you are feeling better and better!

CinnamonSally said...

Hope you feel alot better soon Dawn. Love this card and the new technique, I must give that a try!

Greta said...

Hope you're much better by now, Dawn. You certainly made good use of your time at home with this masterpiece! I've been thinking of doing some water stamping (only tried it once long ago) & now you've inspired me!

Deirdre said...

Just beautiful Dawn.

Tracey said...

SO BEAUTIFUL Dawn....LOVE!! Soft and pretty ! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

Cathy said...

Lovely effect Dawn, the colours look fabulous :)