Friday 10 May 2013

His and Her Sympathy

I took the His and Hers on line class last week, but didn't actually make many cards... but learnt lots of things.  I did mange some cards over the weekend thankfully as this week not a single card made!  I've been suffering sore limbs.  My right shoulder has been feeling stiff for some time and I finally have been having some physiotherapy and then Tuesday I woke to a stiff right knee... by Thursday I couldn't hardly walk .... luckily I had a physio session so my therapist concentrated on the knee rather than the shoulder.  Still it means I don't feel like sitting and creating.

So on to the His and Her cards I made in the weekend.  First up the Hers card

His and Her Sympathy

I used the design and some of the techniques I learnt in the class.  I stamped the Etched Flower from Hero Arts in Olympia Green Versafine ink and used my Inktense pencils to colour and watercolour the flowers.  I went over the edge of the flower with an HB pencil.  Before mounting the panel to my card base, I added a strip of PP from Crate Paper down the edge.   The sentiment is from Hero Arts as well.

My His card 

His and Hers Sympathy ~ Masculine Version

For this one, I used the same PP down the side and a similar design.  I stamped the Silhouette Grass in Memento Grey Flannel ink and used Inktense pencils to colour the sheaves.  Again used a Hero Arts sentiment.

I did not know that I would want to use one of these cards this week, but a friend at work, lost her mother on Monday.  Several of my work mates wanted sympathy cards as well, so they came in handy. 

Hoping that I get some time to play, and the inclination to do so, this weekend.  My son is coming round to have dinner with us on Sunday which will be nice.  He is working not too far from where we live and will call in, shower and stay for dinner.  

To all the Mothers out there..... Happy Mother's Day for Sunday.  


14 comments:

Stamp with Angela said...

These are beautiful CAS sympathy cards with lovely colouring of the flowers.

Doreen said...

Beautiful cards.xxx

Doreen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn - you sound very sore - hope you recover soon :-(.
Your cards are beautiful - love the 'his' one!
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

both your cards are so pretty - love that simple layout - hope the physio works - have a good weekend

joy said...

Hi, Dawn! So sorry to hear you've been having such a rough week. I hope the treatments will do the trick and you will be back to your normal routine quickly!

These cards are so nice - I have used that etched flower stamp for a couple of sympathy cards in the past, too. Love the soft yellows of the pp and your coloring.

Take care of yourself!!

Barb said...

Both cards are so beautiful, Dawn!

Lisa said...

sympathy cards are the worst for me- You have done both of things wonderfully! My fav is the "his" card :)
Hope you are feeling better soon! Take it easy this weekend and relax!

Arlene said...

His cards are some of the hardest for most of us to do. I like the Gray Flannel ink - softens it all from the black.

And a Happy Mother's Day to you, Dawn. Hugs to you too!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful stamping, Dawn! this design sure works beautifully with His and Her card! I love the various inking for each! Your friend will appreciate the sympathy card so much!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Beautiful cards Dawn! Sorry to hear you are not well. Try going to a Chinese masseur, a bit of deep tissue massage will help release some tension!

Greta said...

Hope you're soon feeling better & can enjoy the time with your son. These cards are absolutely wonderful--perfect sympathy cards, Dawn!

Maureen Morton said...

These are both great, but I adore the second one (and I am a Her!). Looks like you are learning lots. Maybe I should get those pencils - I really don't need another set of colored pencils, but these look so cool Great job - go to the head of the class. Sorry to hear about your aches...I have 'em, too...getting old is a bummer!

whyducks said...

Stunning!