Sunday 26 May 2013

Mixed Media Canvas....

I have finally finished my Mixed Media Canvas.... it's taken awhile, but with some help from my Facebook friends I have it done.  I got so far and didn't  feel it was quite finished.  That's where Facebook came in.  I posted in my main page and in a forum I belong to, asking for some ideas.

So without further ado................

Mixed Media Canvas

I started with my canvas and added some Soft Gel medium and pieces of torn pages from an old phone book. I then added some paints, distress stains, ink, used some stencils and some stamps to create the background.  I stamped the dress form (Stampendous stamp) onto some tissue and coloured with pearlescent paints.  I then used the medium to add it to the background.  I stamped the sentiment  in Archival black ink.  The sentiment is from Couture Creations.

This was the point I got to when I asked for advice.  Several people suggested some texture... so decided to add the flower to the dress  form.  I got some organza in burgundy and cream.  I cut the pointy flower from Tim Holtz Tattered  Florals die, the middle sized flower with some netting and then two small flowers in the burgundy organza and cut a larger circle of the same organza.  I held the centres with a small paintbrush while heating the organza which causes it to shrink and shrivel.  I coloured a white brad with black copic and then added clear embossing powder.   The leaves were die cut with a MFT Dienamic die.

I have to say I was pleased with the result.  It was worth the time taken.  I am entering this into the 350 Cards & Gift week ~ Gift Challenge at Moxie Fab World

My Red Carpet Studio post will be here to tomorrow...and if you are interested, I'll be posting at Little Blue Button Stamps tomorrow (Sunday USA time) - would love to have you visit.

Hope your weekend is going well.

11 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful,love the texture and fab details.xxx

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Love all the layers of textures! Mixed media is not too easy to do!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love it Dawn - you have made a superb jpb of this.
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

wonderful canvas - love the background colors - phone book pages, vine, dots are all so great together!

Barb said...

Yay, Dawn! Good for you finishing this gorgeous canvas! I love your fabulous background and it looks like you added just the right touch with that pretty flower!

I've been playing with some mixed media supplies too - still need to practice and play before daring to share with anyone. Thank you for your inspiration!

Greta said...

Certainly WAS worth the effort, Dawn! These is quite the piece of art--love the added texture to the dress forms & your background stamping! Great work!

Arlene said...

Fantastic canvas. Love how this turned out. WOW

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful blend of colors and textures on your background. I love the flower details.

Maureen Morton said...

This is stunning and so vintage and rich! I love your story - it sometimes takes a village, eh? Good for you for reaching out of the box!

StephInOK said...

Wonderful canvas!
love all the layering and textures!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Dawn! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Packaging Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)