Monday 3 June 2013

Boys and Men over at Die Cut Divas.

I've been away for a few days with NO internet :-(  Had withdrawal symptoms. 

And while I was away, Die Cut Divas started a new challenge.....The most talented Hannah has decided the theme Masculine cards.... for big or little guys!   And guess who we've got as our sponsor...  none other than the incredible Lawn Fawn


Hannah has interviewed the fantastic Kelly Marie Alvarez ~ see her interview HERE

I don't have many Lawn Fawn stamps but do have the "Say Cheese" stamp set and the matching die. So I decided to see what I could do....


As you can see I used the stamp and die to make the Polaroid frame.  I used a Sullivan's stamp for my unfortunate fisherman.   The "say cheese" sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn set, the "father's day" is from Stamp It and the "Happy" die is from Simon Says.  The PP is from a MME pack.   

I'm also entering this into A blog Named Hero's Mans challenge. 

So we'd love to see your Masculine cards ~ just remember to use your die machine... to emboss or die cut something on your project.

And I thought I'd just share how I spend Sunday afternoon...  a very pleasant early winter's day spent at Te Aria Point. 


Reading my Kindle laying on the beach

 watching a surfer heading out


and looking up at the Point...

We had a lovely long weekend at the beach with two stunning early winter's day.   Now it's back to work tomorrow. 



14 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
This is a fantastic image it speaks volumes. A great masculine card.
Glad you had an enjoyable long weekend.
Smiles:)
Sue

Stamp with Angela said...

A great masculine card. I like the way you created a Polaroid frame.

Looks like you had a pleasant time away. No doubt a well deserved break!

joy said...

A very cute card, Dawn! I like that polaroid frame and the sentiment is great for this image!

I would love to have a long weekend at any beach about right now!!! Thanks for the photos!

sheila said...

I love this little (old) guy! Great image and great set up in a polaroid frame. I am with Joy...I would love to be at a beach by now....what book are you reading?

Lin said...

That looks just like my DH! He fishes often but rarely brings back anything......Your card would be just right for him! Love your photos today....you are so lucky to have this beauty so close, Dawn!

Arlene said...

That fisherman is so darn funny - great coloring on him. He's a perfect centerpiece for "Say cheese" - just perfect.

WOW, the day looks wonderful at the beach. We all want to go spend the day!

Barb said...

Wow, your beach photos are fabulous, Dawn! What a lovely place to just relax!

Love your adorable card! Made me giggle - such a cute image! :)

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Dawn love your photos of your day at the beach, that's just how I would like to spend my weekend. Fabulous masculine card too.

Maureen Morton said...

Wait a minute- didn't you just show us pix of snow? Now you are enjoying a great sunny day! This card cracks me up - love that face on the old guy (you colored him great) and that photo frame is perfect. Hope you noted that I mentioned you in my ay 29 blog post - thanks for the inspiration.

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Dawn - what a wonderful weekend you had - next time you see the sun can you send some down here please? ;-),
Love the humour in your card - it's a great one.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Great job on the card, Dawn! Love how you combined everything. Looks like a fabulous time at the beach--hard to go back to work, if you're like me--LOL!

Unknown said...

What a FUN card. It made me giggle. I love that image. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at A Blog Named Hero!

Ardyth said...

You have a great eye - all those sentiments work really well together, despite coming from different suppliers! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Monika Reeck said...

Dawn...this is different than your style...the Image is cute hihi..I smile to look at the Image and the sentiment also great and FIT together LOVELY MANLY CARD.....would you mind to tell me again your bday date..I lost my calender and I will write in a new one Dawn...and thanks for always give me love on my blog...you are really my blogland sweet friend...BIG HUGS