Sunday 9 February 2014

Confidence

Today I have a CASE'd card I did the other day on my day off for our National Day (Waitangi Day)  The original card was in Australian Cardmaking Stamping and  Papercrafting.

Confidence

I used the same colours and sentiment for the my card, but used some Hero Arts stamps for my flourish and little flower.  I masked either side of the centre and used some Distress inks.  The sentiment is from Kaisercraft.

Yesterday we went to the wedding of my son's friend Mike to Kelsey.  The day was just amazing and Kelsey was a beautiful bride.  They were the first of my son's age group and friends to marry

 
Kelsey and Mike


 Scott, Mike and Kieran (my son who was best man)

 My Hubby and Kieran - my handsome men.

As you can see the weather played it's part and was hot and sunny.  I was so proud of my son, he looked so handsome and made a lovely speech.  The reception was held at the local hall just round the corner from our house so it was nice to be able to walk there and back.  

Summer is finally here at last with beautiful weather the last two days.  Long may it continue.  


10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card Dawn, stunning colourwork! Great wedding pics too - how lovely that the weather was good, Jo x

Lin said...

A lovely card, Dawn - the background reflects your beautiful summer weather. And thanks for sharing your day with us!

Brenda said...

Such gorgeous colours for blending Dawn, a stunning card! Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos, looks like it was a splendid day!

Greta said...

Handsome men, indeed--Great picture of your hubby & son! I totally love your card, Dawn--gorgeous inking & design!

kiwimeskreations said...

I knew I had seen the basic card somewhere - now it has been revealed - love your case of it Dawn.
What a lovely wedding, and such handsome men in your life.
Blessings
Maxine

judkajudi said...

The card is beautiful and it appears to have been a perfect wedding!!

Monika Reeck said...

The colors of the card so lovely done..great case you did...and how happy you have two handsome men...lovely weather..in munich today only 7 celcius degree Dawn...hugs

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you inked and blended your panel and how you placed the vines and flowers on this card, Dawn! Love the sentiment, too...it's such a wonderful message!

Thanks for sharing photos of your handsome men! It's 15 degrees here with a snow storm expected in the morning...I'm a bit jealous, but I do hope your summer weather continues to be pleasant for you :-)

Arlene said...

A gorgeous card. Love the way you inked this card and the stamps you used. This is a WOW card.

The weather looks great!

Julie said...

Hi, thanks for the Facebook link, loving your style but had to stop here for now, this is one stunning card! Xxx