Sunday 2 February 2014

Dreamweavers at Die Cut Divas....

 Dreamweaver Stencils Sponsor

Yes the wonderful Lynell has agreed to sponsor us at Die Cut Divas again this month.... and guess what!  She has agreed to give us 4 prizes.. YES 4 prizes this month... one for each week.  How generous is that!  And she provided the Divas with some stencils and dies to work with, thanks so much.

Hannah's theme this month is "Girls Night Out".. to work with some friends (if possible) using a "girly" theme or a pink theme.

I've not had a chance to meet up with any friends in a while.... summer is always busy ~ and like this past weekend, we often go away for a few days R&R at the beach, but I did get to make a PINK card for the theme.

Very PINK!  In my latest purchase from Simon Says Stamp! I got a Gelli pad.  I've seen lots of artists using them and decided I need to try it out.  My background was made with some Chromacryl Magenta paint on my gelli pad and then the texture was using some bubble wrap, a piece of burlap ribbon, the cap of a spritz bottle, a stencils and goodness know what else!  I stuck with just the one colour print from the pad.  Over this I have layer a Dreamweaver's  Leafless Tree Die  It's huge and fitted my 13cm square card perfectly.   I added some punched flowers (in pinks) and some Enamel accents for the centres.  The Love sentiment is part of a Hero Arts sentiment.  I just used the last part with the big word.    I was thrilled to see that Dreamweaver used my card on their Facebook page and their blog today. 

Please hop over to Die Cut Divas blog to see what beauties the other Divas came up with and join us in our Girls Night Out Challenge.



7 comments:

Arlene said...

I was thrilled too! This is certainly striking! Hugs to my fellow Diva.

Barb Ghig said...

What a gorgeous card, Dawn! I love how you created your background with your Gelli Plate...it looks so cool, and your tree is amazing!

Monika Reeck said...

the tree with the sentiment in the same color looks lovely Dawn and love the background behind the tree..great job Dawn...see u on my first post on 2014 :) hugs

Greta said...

Wowzer--what an eye-catching card! Great theme for DCD with some of us working through the stencil class. Hope to participate this month, even though I don't have any local cardmaking friends.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
This card relates high energy with the vivid shocking Pink palette. I just absolutely love, love the BG.
I will be expecting all your cards to have their own Bg's from now on!!!
Smiles:)
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Dawn - and I love the effect of the gelli plate background.
Blessings
Maxine

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Such a fun and colorful card!