Wednesday 16 April 2014

Hero Arts Sketch Challenge.

The latest challenge over at Hero Arts is a sketch one.   I decided to have a play

 

Take time

I had seen Lin using a technique with distress inks, stamps and a whole lot of water!  I decided to try it with an Hero Arts stamp that was one of the first I bought.  I stamped the leaf from the set in a variety of colours of distress onto some water colour paper (cheap variety of paper) and spritzed it liberally with water.  Once it dried, I cut it with a Simon Says Stamp edge die, and layered it onto the my card.  I added a length of ribbon and then using a Hero Arts die, cut the oval and sponged on some ink.  The sentiment is from the same set as is the little butterfly.  Finished with some sequins.  

I'm just finishing up packing to head up to Mangawhai for the Easter weekend.  I've packed a bigger suitcase of crafty stuff, then clothes!  

Have a great Easter break.  


9 comments:

Barb said...

Such a lovely interpretation of the sketch, Dawn! Beautiful colors!

lorby said...

I really like the way your card looks and the technique you used. I'm glad I stopped by today.

Dotty Jo said...

Totally gorgeous! Enjoy your trip, Jo x

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Dawn, have a great Easter!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn,
Good luck up in Mangahwhai!!!
When I first saw this card I thought it was a journal page, but when I read your post, I realised it was a ribbon that was separating the card.
The composition is fabulous and I love how you have inked up your leaves.looks great.
Smiles :-)
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your form of packing :-) - looks as though you may need it with this weather!!
Lovely card Dawn, and I love how the coloured panel turned out.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Beautiful stamping, Dawn! Enjoy your weekend!

Betty said...

WOW - wonderful watercoloring! and love how you interpreted the sketch1

Barb Ghig said...

This is absolutely stunning, Dawn! I love your water coloring and how you stamped those lovely stems...such a fabulous take on the sketch, too!