Sunday 22 June 2014

Inspired by Virginia.

Getting back from holiday I struggled for a day or two to get back into stamping and creating, despite new stamps sitting on my desk.  So off to the internet to see what my friends are up to.  Virginia has been really busy with one botanical collage stamp from Penny Black and it really got me inspired.  One of my new stamps is a set from Stamp-It, an Australian company, and is a collage set.


I did two cards using the stamps in the set.


This first one is the bigger of the two stamps.  I coloured with Copics and then masked them and used my air spritzing tool and a Copic and a Tombow marker to colour the background.  Sentiment is from Close to My Heart.  I added some Wink of Stella.  It splattered when I shook it and I ended up with splatters, so added some more all over the card. 

 
My second card used two of the other collages.  I used a Poppy Stamps die to cut the 3x4 journal card and stamped the image.  I used some Inktense pencils and a Tombow colourless blender to colour.  The sentiment is also a Stamp-It stamp.  For the background I used the smaller collage with some sepia Archival ink and added some distress around the edge.  I layered a couple of washi tapes across.  To finish I added black pearls. 

This was just the kick start I needed.  So much so that I managed two cards today for my July posts on Die Cut Divas.  Getting myself a little ahead.  And I even went out to look at some storage ideas for the craft room.  Got some ideas for tidying up one corner with some cube storage.  Just got to wait till some repairs on the corner of the floor are done.  A while back our water cylinder leaked and the floor under it and into the corner of my room has gone soft.   The repairer is coming in this week and I've moved out some of my supplies to give them room to fix the floor.  Once it's all back I'll get the new storage in place. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  


10 comments:

Lin said...

Love the collage look on your cards, Dawn! What a great set!

Monika Reeck said...

Woooww Dawn both are lovely andddd I really love your second card...it has different style as you...it is bright and has a lovely color combo and nice distress on the edge of the main image...love your second card...adorable...I am typing this in the bus back to Munich after short trip with my sister to Cologne...Hope you are healthy and happy and my card soon come to your home...thanks for your lovely envelope..love the inside..yummy....Big hugs, Monika

Betty said...

both your cards are so pretty - really love the second one!

joy said...

This is a pretty collage stamp and I love the cards you made with it!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

What a versatile stamp set. Love the two cards you made Dawn!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning cards Dawn - you have really rocked these images! Love how the 'accidental' splatter became 'deliberate' :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I love how you played with this stamp set, Dawn! Beautiful coloring on both cards and your designs really showcase the details on the images! I can definitely see how Virginia inspired you, too! Two stunning cards!

Jutta said...

Beautiful cards, just the right amount of colour to make them pop!
TFS

Greta said...

Well, your mojo came back with a vengeance, Dawn! Your first card is my favorite as I love every single thing about it, including the splotches of WOS!

Arlene said...

WOW on both counts. And you said you were out of practice??? Beautiful colors and collages.