Friday 3 October 2014

OCC Homework...


 http://onlinecardclasses.com/copic/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/COPIC_participant.png

 I am really pleased to be taking part the latest Online Card Class.  I'm learning a lot about using my Copic Markers.  Week 1 was all about learning techniques and doing lots of practise.  I haven't had as much time to do as much practise as I want but I did make a card from one of my favourite images that we got as part of the class.

Colouring with Copics


In real life the colours are more orangey.  The background is an apricot ink from Hero Arts inked onto the embossing folder before embossing the card.  The sentiment from Inkadinkado was black embossed to stand out.  This card is heading off to one of my card group friends for her birthday on Monday. 

I've got another couple of more different colours of flowers coloured up and ready to make into cards.  I really need to get the "real" stamp and it's matching die. 

Hope every one has a great weekend... enjoy World Card Making Day.  I'm having a friend from work coming around to spend a couple of hours with me on Saturday.  Hoping to start on some Christmas cards. 


8 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful card, Dawn - wonderful copic coloring!!! my kind of card!

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great, Dawn! I could do with taking this class, Jo x

Becca Cruger said...

Really pretty and great coloring! I really love what you do with the embossing folder backgrounds.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the crisp clean colours on this Dawn. I neeeed to make some cards so will b doing so later today :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

sweet flower
lovely copic coloring
and nice BG
what a sweet card you made
and what is the name of the faux stitching at the piece of paper there...its also to die for..I like it..looks like you sewing it and believe me some ladies using that DIES won on many challenges...its so trendy Dawn..hugs, Monika

Arlene said...

WOW... I haven't even done any actual cards. Beautiful colors.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Loving these cards Dawn. Gorgeous colouring and layouts. Hugs, Wends x

Greta said...

Great work, Dawn! I always forget to ink an embossing folder--thanks for the reminder!