Monday 23 March 2015

Finally done my homework!

I've been very slack with my homework for the Online Card Classes I'm taking...
http://onlinecardclasses.com/SYD/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/SYD_participant.png 

There has been lots of amazing different ways to use your dies... I've downloaded the class PDF's but haven't had much time to try out lots of the techniques.

I did manage to try out a couple of them.


For this one, I used some watercolour paper and stamped the sentiment then die cut the daisy die from Simon Says Stamp.  I coloured it with watercolour paints and then inlaid it back into the sentiment.  

My next card uses edge dies

This card was inspired by one from Debby Hughes and one from Karolyn. I used a Pretty Pink Posh stitched edge die and cut stripes of colours and then stacked them together on an angle.  The sentiment is a Winnie & Walter die together with W&W stamps.

I've got lots of ideas for using my dies - now just to find time to put them into practise. 

11 comments:

Lin said...

Looks like a great class! i love the idea you showed us on the first card!

Betty said...

love both your cards, Dawn - especially the first one - i'm even farther behind than you are - have made 2 cards and not even posted them yet!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards Dawn!~

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards, Dawn! I am sorry, sweetheart, but I have to tell you I am going to be CASE-ing card #1 big time as it is a total STUNNER! Beautiful and inspiring work, Jo x

Greta said...

Oh what wonderful cards, Dawn!

Becca Cruger said...

Yowzas! It looks like you're getting a lot out of that class. I really really like the rainbow background using the edge dies. Super cool!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness Dawn these are stunning - love that daisy die cut, and the angled stripes are amazing. Great work my friend.
Blessings
Maxine

Cathy P said...

Love that edge die card!

Monika Reeck said...

looks like you enjoy the class and I adore both
the fitst one cool technique and lovely the bold sentiment second card Love all the color on there and that Happy sentiment ooh great DIE you have Dawn
lovely Post

Hugs,
Monika

Barb Ghig said...

Great job on your homework, Dawn! I love your watercolored bloom on the first card and how you angled your papers on the 2nd one...such a fun design with fab colors!

Arlene said...

WOW to both those cards. Beauties.