Sunday 5 April 2015

Hero Arts Scramble Time...

It's not often that the Hero Arts Scramble timetable fits in with mine... but today Charlene scheduled it for 3.00pm EDT which was 7.00am Sunday my time... (Daylight Savings finished last night) so I woke in time to play along with Scramble #106

Charlene challenged us to use this photo for inspiration
So much to chose from for inspiration.

My card drew on the colours and the trees

 I used a variety of distress inks on some Fog card stock and added some splashes of water.  Once it dried, I stamped the Leafy Vine stamp in black Archival ink.  I had butterflies all over my desk so chose this one to bring in the lighter pinky colours.  Finished with the white embossed sentiment on black cardstock.

As Charlene gave us a bit extra time as she was a few minutes late starting, I decided to do a tag as well


This time I picked more on the pinky colours for my distress background.  I cut a tag from Pretty Pink Posh die.  The stars were added with a Uniball white gell pen through a stencil.  Sentiment is HA and was white embossed.  The purple flower was quickly made with some punched flowers I had on my desk already stained with Fireworks Lulu Lavender mist.

I was pleased to have gotten up early to play along, even more so when I saw that I got picked for the HA Digi prize!

Hope your Easter is going well.  There was some Chocolate for me today... not a lot - just one little bunny, but enough to enjoy.  And another day off tomorrow so that's even better... a nice long weekend.  Maybe a bit of a sleep in seeing as how I missed one this morning :-)

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn these are fabulous - love you colour choices for the background, and the accents are perfect - especially the flower on the tag.
I didn't asleep late this morning either :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Shawna said...

Oh Dawn this is so pretty.. I just love your work! I have all these stamps so might have to CASE this...

joy said...

Lovely creations, Dawn! Love the colors so much.

Betty said...

your card is gorgeous Dawn - wish i could have played as i love those colors!

Greta said...

Such a fun Scramble--sorry I had to work. Your card & tag are both gorgeous, Dawn! Hope you had a lovely Easter.

Monika Reeck said...

woooowww the first card really make me look again and again love that black sentiment and that swirl stamp
soo adorable Dawn and great tag too
I always pass the scramble on HA Flickr..would you mind to tell me if the next one come and when is it..
many thanks dear Dawn..
hugs, Monika

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh wow, these are both gorgeous Dawn! I so envy your fab inky skills. LOVE them. Hugs, Wends x