Friday 24 July 2015

Vienna - next stop on our European Tour

Hi there...

I'm back to share some more photos of our holiday.  After Prague we caught the train to Vienna.  We had 5 nights here with our friends.  Our apartment was very modern - not to far from Prater rail station and the oldest fairground in Europe.   Vienna is full of palaces, museums, art galleries  and of course has the Danube flowing through it...











As you can see lots of walking was done and we even had time to go for a cruise on the Danube (thanks to hubby skippering a little boat) and then a bit of a swim as well.   We went and saw the paintings at the Belvedere Palace, including the Klimt exhibition.  We bought a print of the Woman in Gold and carefully carried it all the way home in a tube!  And the picture of the swing thing.... that's Peter and me up there!

Hope I'm not boring you with all my photos... it's nice to share. 

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What fun! Jo x

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the fact you are sharing your photos Dawn - loved the image of the Cathedral, and as for those swing things - not my style I'm afraid - motion sickness would kill it for me!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Certainly not boring! I love seeing places I've only heard about! Looks like you had a fabulous vacation!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, fantastic photos. You really have had a whirlwind fabulous holiday! Hugs, Wends x

Monika Reeck said...

lovely Pictures all
and sad that we cant meet Dawn
wish one day it can realized :)
great photography