Thursday 25 February 2016

Stamp of Approval - Young at Heart.

After much umming and ahhhing I gave in and purchased Catherine Pooler's StampNation Stamp of Approval Young at Heart collection.  With the NZ/USA rate of exchange it was a tad expensive here in NZ.... but when it arrived WOW was I impressed!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a stunning collection of goodies.   I can see many many cards coming from the box.

Here is my first one:


I started by using the stencil to first ink with Squeezed Lemonade then moving the stencil and inking with Wild Honey ink.  I went dark in the top corner and lighter towards the bottom.   I stamped  the cake with black ink and die cut it.  The icing was cut and then used the Wild Honey to colour.   Used the larger sentiment and some sequins to finish. 

Entering into the Anything  Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp
                            Make your own background at Tuesday Throwdown

7 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

I love that big sentiment
and the cake looks yummy hmmm
that background yeah soo beautifully made Dawn
love this card
hugs
Monika (I miss you now you are so busy and not often I see you on my Blog but I still like to keep in touch my friend ;))

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Dawn - sounds as though the 'box' was a good investment - despite the exchange rate and the postage!
Blessings
Maxine

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a beautiful card. Love the background details. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown Blog.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous background, love your card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Greta said...

Fun stencil & festive card!

creationsnz said...

Great background and fab card

stempelfrida said...

Such a nice card and great background. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de