Wednesday 3 February 2016

Watercoloured background scene

I have been taking this online card class.... and it's been very inspiring, but still quite daunting.  It's all about using your watercolour mediums to paint....

I decided to try out Day 3's scene painting.  I printed a Mo Manning Digital stamp onto my watercolour paper, masked it off and then went for it. 


I used some Molotow masking fluid to mask off the image before painting the background.  Well all I can say is I NEED much more practice.  I did some lifting of colour for my sky and grass.   I will trim it and add a sentiment to make a card. 

I hope to try some of the Expressive florals and leaves.  They look fun to try.  Just to find the time and enthusiasm.  It's too hot to do much at the moment.  

Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweet scene Dawn - I am sure it will make a beautiful card.
I know what you are saying about the heat!!!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Super cute, Dawn! Looks like you're making good use of the class! Hard to imagine heat when it's winter here, but we're supposed to have sun tomorrow.

Monika Reeck said...

oh woooowww I love that Masking fluid technique Dawn
you painted the background self
woooww
I love the stone under that little children looks like a real one wooow wooow and woow this will be a great card Dawn
I adore this