Tuesday 16 February 2016

Weekend fun

I had a fun Saturday stamping and creating.  Hubby was off on a fishing trip so Friday morning I send out an email to group of stamping friends inviting anyone who could come at short notice, that it was open home... and Sandie and Lei took up my invite.  So the three of us had a great day creating.  Nice with just the three of us so we could spread out...






 It was really was a very hot day and poor Lei was hot and tired so we told her to have a snooze on my couch


 I was able to get two cards and a box card done during the day.  We stopped for lunch outside for a bit and then back into it till around 4pm.


My box was a commission for an 80th birthday.  I used a Hero Arts Rose which I coloured with Copics and fussy cut.   PP from a new pack by MME - metallics
Entering into the Fabulous Flowers challenge over at Hero Arts blog


This card was inspired by one I saw by Vanessa Menhorn and from the CCC sketch on Deborah Nolan's February CCC.  I had a round three goes at getting this one finished.  Did the panel and then smudged a corner so re-did it, then got some smudges on the base stamping... finally got it finished - was able to save a smudge by using the white embossed sentiment on the black card.  The flowers are a mixture of some CASual Friday stamps fussy cut and a Stampin' Up! stamp and matching punch.  This is on it's way to Australia. 

And my final card was just some playing around with some Altenew stamps that arrived last week. 


Was really pleased at how these layered flowers turned out.  I finished with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins and a Kaisercraft sentiment.  I had put this one on my Face book page and one of my work colleagues asked me to bring it in and bought it off me.  Last week I sold 17 cards at work so my supplies are getting a bit low...

Hope you enjoyed seeing what I've done lately.  


8 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

All your cards are gorgeous Dawn, looks like you had a fun time while Hubby was away!

Betty said...

all 3 wonderful cards Dawn - hard to decide which is the favorite but it's the middle one - love those colors and design

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful day - and great results too!! Love that final card, it really is a stunner. What amazing sales you are doing too - well done on being able to feed your addiction with the proceeds of your sales :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

How wonderful to be able to sell your cards at work! Hubby keeps saying I need to sell some, but no customers here--haha! The box card will be treasured & I just adore the HA flowers card!

creationsnz said...

Dawn, these works are Fabulous with a capital F. Glad to hear you had such a lovely time together creating.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lovely cards! Love the orange flowers on the pop up card!

Monika Reeck said...

I love them all
but my fav is the second one
you did a great distressing on the panel soft and blue and green and black sentiment
so balance love it much Dawn nice to have some friends at your home
I wish I can visit you too one day
hugs
Monika

~amy~ said...

Sounds like a perfect afternoon. Loving all of your gorgeous cards!
Thanks for joining us for the Hero Arts Fabulous Flowers Challenge!