Tuesday 8 March 2016

Meeting new friends

Today I had the great pleasure of spending some time meeting with one of my online friends... Kim  and I "meet" on the Hero Art Flickr group  over 3 years ago.  She lives in Mandurah in Western Australia.  This past weekend, hubby was taking part in the New Zealand Ironman in Taupo and they are having a few days R&R before heading back to Australia.  I was thrilled when she contacted me a few months ago to see if we could meet up.  Of course, I said YES... and invited them to come to my house for morning tea.

There we are... the blondies from Down Under!

Kim came bearing gifts as well... a beautiful tea towel from her home town, some coasters and a gorgeous Aboriginal canvas plus a lovely set of cards inspired by Jennifer McGuire's Kindness sets as well as a beautiful card that's sitting on my bookcase.  And a fabulous bottle of wine.  She really spoilt me.    Mandurah is about 45 minutes south of Perth where my daughter lives so when I go over in May to visit, I'm going to catch up with her again.  She told me there is a Craft and Quilt Fair on while I'm there so we will try and meet there.

I took the day off to meet with Kim and her hubby so got some time to play in the afternoon

 I made this card for the Tag It game at StampNation.  You CASE the card of the  person before you.  I CASEd a card from Melissa.  I used her colours but mine are much brighter.  I also used her idea of a circle with the sentiment and my butterfly is black and hers was white.  I used a Hero Arts background with some distress inks, spritzed and stamped onto watercolour card.   The circle sentiments are from the StampNation Young at Heart collection. 

Thanks for stopping by

6 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful to see you two together - i met up with Linda W. and Jayne N. from Hero Arts group last summer - it was like we'd know each other for years - also met up with Jacqueline in France a few years ago - our stamping friends are such a blessing!!

Greta said...

How wonderful to meet in person--looks like 2 friends, for sure! Your card is gorgeous, Dawn!

kiwimeskreations said...

love meeting crafty internet friends - so glad you got to meet Kim.
Wonderful card Dawn - I love the vibrant colours and the geometric design.
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Love this Dawn, great background and cool card

Kim Hall said...

Hi Dawn, finally back home. We had such a wonderful time in NZ and getting to meet you was fabulous. Hoping we can catch up when you come over in May. Love the vibrant colours in your card!!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh woooww spritzed then stamped I never did it ..its absolut adorable with those colors on your card like a ranibow I adore that splatter in the sentiment area too...Dawn lucky you to meet Kim...
you look happy both
hugs
Monika