Thursday 5 May 2016

Opalite Inks ...

I went to a craft fair over the weekend and found some Opalite inks.   I am sure that they are no longer available.  But it was fun to try out these.  They are interference inks.... they look white/clear on the pad but when added to black card - wow they are amazing... I got the pads in kits... there was card and embellishments and instructions for making two cards.  Here are the first two cards from the kit



This first one used a Hero Arts background stamp that I inked up with three of the Opalite inks and stamped onto the black glossy card.  I then smeared the inks onto the die cut glossy card and spritzed with water to blend the inks


 The second one used the glossy card and a Penny Black stamp inked with two of the inks... plus some black paper that was scrunched and then the inks were smeared all over it.  Fabulous in real life but a bitch to photograph!

I have two more cards in the second kit still to make.  So many ideas running around my in my head with my Stamp Nation kit having arrived... made two so far... and a new Altenew set waiting to be inked up... and so little time before I head over to Perth to see the family. 

Enjoy your day.

5 comments:

Greta said...

What a neat effect! Beautiful cards, Dawn! Happy countdown to seeing your grandson!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Dawn - I know what you mean about trying to capture the results!!
I must get my opalite inks out again and have another play. I went to a class at a fair, and never really have used the inks to their best advantage.
Blessings
Maxine

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Gorgeous effects Dawn! Have fun with your trip to WA!! Congrats on being a Grandma!

creationsnz said...

Oh I love your flourish one!! so lovely.

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! What a gorgeous effect! I've never heard of Opalite inks, but I really love the shimmer it creates against your black background! Beautiful choice of stamps, and I love your scrunched background on the 2nd card!