Sunday 31 July 2016

Playing with New stamps and dies

Over the past couple of weeks, new stamps and dies arrived in my letter box...  StampNation's SOA Lovely Notes collection that I won, and some goodies I bought from Simon Says Stamp.  With all my DT work up to date, I got just to have a play.

My Mojo was feeling a bit low so I had a look at the PDF  guide that came with the SOA box... oh my goodness Catherine and the Design Team out did themselves with creativity.    So a couple of cards from Heather North inspired me to use the Concentric Circles die.


I started by taking my Hero Arts Neon ink cubes and sponging onto a piece of white card.  I then die cut both the coloured card and some black card with the die and inlaid the colours into the black one.  I white embossed the sentiment from the Lovely flowers set.   This was layered onto some Hero Arts Latte card and then a white base.

And today I pulled out Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers set.  The flowers are so pretty and I decided to do some masking.


I, again, used some Hero Arts Latte card to make a side folding card base and do a one layer card.  I stamped and masked and then used some Copics to colour the flowers.  Added a few white dots and then used the embossing die from Lil' Inkers to added the cut lines.  Due to the card being white on onside and coloured on the other, the lines look like white dash lines.  This was an added bonus.  The sentiment is also a SSS set.    I'm adding this to the SSS Flickr Challenge - Anything Goes and the SSS Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes 

It's been a very cold wintery day today so cooked up a big batch of Macaroni Cheese and headed over my son's place for lunch.

 

Thanks for stopping by today. 

7 comments:

Betty said...

all that coloring is so great Dawn - love the SSS spring flowers on the kraft and the white dots set it all off perfectly -and the mac and cheese looks yummmy!

Kathy said...

Fabulous coloring and love all the white dot details.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn - how wonderful that win must have been, and added to that new goodies from Simon Says - the results are stunning on both cards.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Lunch looks yummy! Beautiful cards, Dawn! The circles are stunning & I can't get enough of the Spring Flowers--lovely with your masking!

Monika Reeck said...

Wow..
Both beautiful..
First card is my fav..adorable

Barb Ghig said...

Two really fabulous cards, Dawn! I love how you blended your Neon inks on the first one, and how the white peeks through on the 2nd card! So creative!!!
Your Mac & Cheese looks so yummy...I'll bet your son enjoyed it :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn! I love the SSS flowers, the way you have asked them looks so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx