Sunday 8 January 2017

Hennah Elements Birthday

I really like the design I did the other day with my red flowers so used the design again today - some more practice with my pencils.   This time my colour scheme was purple based

I used an Altenew set called Hennah Elements.  It's got some lovely open flowers perfect for colouring.  I can't stop using my Prismacolour pencils at the moment.  This one used several shades of purples and greens.   Once coloured I fussy cut close to the lines.  The largest one is popped up with some foam tape.  I used a sentiment from Sugar Pea Designs (for SOA by Catherine Pooler)  The card is a prefolded pearlised one, so clear embossed the sentiment (first time round did not and smudged it! 😞😞  Luckily was able to save the flowers and re-do the sentiment!  The die cut was coloured with Wilted Violet distress ink.  I'll have to borrow my friends die and cut some more white ones.

I have decided that seeing as how I used my new pencils, that qualifies it for the "Something New" challenge at Simon Says Stamp.
And I'm also entering the Anything Goes at Craft Stamper challenge.  and Anything Goes at Crafting when we can.

I can't wait to try more colouring.  I'm going to take an online class to help improve.

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your weekend.

8 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

hello dawn! super pretty card, your coloring is amazing! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous card Dawn - I love your colour choice. You can blend prisma's with baby oil or an alcohol based blending pen. (see my last card, the owl one) I have also found that working with a light hand and putting down layers of colour gives a good result too.
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Another gorgeous card with your pencils Dawn, love the purples!

Greta said...

You're becoming a pro with those pencils, Dawn--beautiful work! Really love these images--debated about getting that set, so guess I better put it back on my wishlist!

Monika Reeck said...

Wow Dawn sooo beautiful colored..
I have this stamp too..thanks so much for the inspiration

Monika Reeck said...

Just have time to catch up...your design n coloring more and more proffesional Dawn leaving you some comment ..hope u like to read all..hugs

Linda said...

This looks so pretty ... beautifully coloured. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

These colors are gorgeous!! Well Done! Thanks for playing with us at Crafting When We Can!
Carolyn, DT